IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
RockCrestRaceway (Offline)
  #1 10/13/21 5:19 PM
just want to give a fresh thread out here. We will be racing this Saturday here at RCR. We know the weather is complicating things but we are ready. Gates open at 3:00. Draw ends at 5:15. Drivers meeting at 5:30. Hot laps at 6. Racing at 6:30. We really hope to see you all here. $1200 to win and $200 to start. If you have any problems finding the Facebook page please call the track phone at 812-216-7544 with any questions, we have somebody 24/7 on standby. Thank you!
5 Likes: 95KART, Charles Nungester, jonboat15, oppweld, tirespinner
TQ29m (Online)
  #2 10/13/21 5:29 PM
Might be wise to post it
on something else to, contrary to popular belief, not everyone does Facebook, just sayin.

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
6 Likes: Grocery Guy, Indy1808, rick42, RockCrestRaceway, The Old Coyote, tirespinner
  #3 10/13/21 6:36 PM
Can you please give some ideas? Where are some other places/websites that we could post?
2 Likes: PIT CART, tirespinner
TQ29m (Online)
  #4 10/13/21 7:12 PM
Do you have your own website, www.whatever? Use it, or ride along with the old one, it's your business, but I don't think I would have changed the name, just sayin. Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
2 Likes: rick42, tirespinner
DaleDuBois (Offline)
  #5 10/14/21 1:50 AM
Bad deal to change the name of the speedway. Bloomington Speedway went through this name changing a few years ago and the track almost went under. Any ads that the people see about Rock Crest Raceway will wander where this track is located. You can't improve the track by changing it's name. Vernon is a good track and all it needs is a good promoter that will fix it up some.
4 Likes: bighd0522, motorhead748, PAW, tirespinner
PAW (Offline)
  #6 10/14/21 3:11 AM
Originally Posted by DaleDuBois:
Bad deal to change the name of the speedway. Bloomington Speedway went through this name changing a few years ago and the track almost went under. Any ads that the people see about Rock Crest Raceway will wander where this track is located. You can't improve the track by changing it's name. Vernon is a good track and all it needs is a good promoter that will fix it up some.
Agree 100%. North Vernon it is!

:99:: Wings Don't Move Air THEY SUCK
2 Likes: bighd0522, tirespinner
kbbodine (Offline)
  #7 10/14/21 8:31 AM
I believe the Facebook page is under Rock crest Road, I don't think most of us would have searched this to find the speedway. North Vernon Speedway would be preferred.
Also get a Twitter account and a website. Maintain them often, update results, track sponsors, schedules, events on all social media outlets.
2 Likes: rick42, tirespinner
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #8 10/14/21 8:38 AM
I wish the new owner luck. I'm a bit surprised at some of the comments here though. I think some constructive criticism would be helpful. The owner said someone is manning the track phone 24/7. Some tracks do change names, but does it actually change the racing, I know in my area it hasn't.
6 Likes: Indy1808, luckybuc97, mc/rider, PIT CART, RockCrestRaceway, tirespinner
  #9 10/14/21 11:22 AM
Truth be told, this racetrack was bought out to be shut down. We have had nothing but negative comments about the name change and we do understand. However, the track had started to get a bad reputation and the new owner had requested the name be changed and race day moved to Friday. Guys, our family is the last Hope to even keep this racetrack alive. Just for that chance we have been blessed. We know the frustration and we’re trying to figure this all out. Since the previous promoter there have been many, kinks, in the system. All that we ask is for a chance here. Again our Facebook page is called rock crest raceway. Track phone is manned literally 24/7 with any questions. Working on a website currently and will also look into other social media outlets. Thanks.
23 Likes: 95KART, Bill Angel, BillyG, Charles Nungester, Hustlin-Hoosier, Indy1808, jonboat15, Jrp4554, luckybuc97, mc/rider, Midget98, mlamb, monkeyboy, nathans1012, PIT CART, R A K, Russ, Sandy Lowe, Scott Daloisio, spicoli, TNRustler, TQ97, trannyman
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #10 10/14/21 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by RockCrestRaceway:
Truth be told, this racetrack was bought out to be shut down. We have had nothing but negative comments about the name change and we do understand. However, the track had started to get a bad reputation and the new owner had requested the name be changed and race day moved to Friday. Guys, our family is the last Hope to even keep this racetrack alive. Just for that chance we have been blessed. We know the frustration and we’re trying to figure this all out. Since the previous promoter there have been many, kinks, in the system. All that we ask is for a chance here. Again our Facebook page is called rock crest raceway. Track phone is manned literally 24/7 with any questions. Working on a website currently and will also look into other social media outlets. Thanks.
Well I went two weeks ago and if I can get a good show and cheeseburger again this saturday, I'll be there again.

Charles Nungester
8 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, Indy1808, jonboat15, luckybuc97, PIT CART, Pitdad, RockCrestRaceway, TNRustler