IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BMARA Update
1/27/10, 6:26 PM   #1
BMARA Update
Vukie

BMARA News Update 1/27/2010

BMARA’s board of directors, sponsors and interested parties met on Tuesday evening to continue work on the upcoming season. Regional tracks are becoming firm and dates are being discussed to maximize the potential for select multi-race weekends. BMARA is looking at a potential 16-20 race schedule. We hope to release the dates and tracks as soon as possible. In spite of the difficult circumstances, everyone present was excited to relay their stories of support from fans, sponsors, drivers, and race teams. We are working hard to listen to the needs of all those involved to make 2010 a successful season. BMARA would like to say a collective thank you to all those that have called and expressed support to continue the heritage of our organization.

BMARA is excited, on Friday January 29th , we will officially announce a title sponsor for the 2010 season

http://www.bmara.com/

1/27/10, 8:51 PM   #2
Re: BMARA Update
Jonr

Why are you guys excited? What you are doing is the same as killing the golden goose.

1/27/10, 9:44 PM   #3
rocket5612

They get what most people in professional sports would call "locked out" of Angell Park Speedway and you blame them for trying to move on and make something of the 2010 calendar year?

The last line is something that would excite any series: "BMARA is excited, on Friday January 29th , we will officially announce a title sponsor for the 2010 season"

Dont know what anyone else thinks but to me any time a title sponsor is in the mix for an openwheel series that is a good thing and is definitely something to be excited about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
Why are you guys excited? What you are doing is the same as killing the golden goose.
Last edited by rocket5612; 1/27/10 at 9:51 PM.

1/27/10, 10:52 PM   #4
Tim Watson

Quote:
At least Badger is trying to keep it going by racing at other venues for 2010, got to give them credit for that.

1/27/10, 11:43 PM   #5
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

I am betting that Jonr is McBurney in disguise?

1/28/10, 9:51 PM   #6
Jonr

"go sell crazy somewhere else we're all full up here"
The only difference between someone going on strike and someone being locked out is who left the bargaining table first. Since you are stating that you were locked out, this means that APS left the table first which would make me think that Badger was asking for too much.

If the title sponsor that Badger is bringing to the table is "major league" then it would seem that it could have used this sponsor to subsidize the racing at APS.

When Badger was running at APS, it was the top class. It was also the only class. Some of the Duel at the Dam races were very good, but does Badger always want to be a support class for the IRA? Does Badger want to run with all of the other weekly classes at Beaver Dam or Wilmot? Badger never has to wait for an hour long wreck fest that can break out at any modified show. How long will the other promoters let Badger do time trials when the other classes are not? Badger had somewhere between 17-20 cars last year at APS. It is unrealistic to believe that all of these cars are going to support Badger over APS. Even if Badger gets the majority of the cars they are only going to have 10-15 cars show. Last year a Badger race outside of APS only had 12 cars.

Also, what in the world is APS thinking? They have also killed the golden goose. The best case that APS can hope for is a 50-50 split of the badger drivers. Which means that they are looking at 8-10 cars a week. They are offering bonus money to get parked cars out of the garages. However, if an owner had to park his car because of expenses what makes you think the bonus that you are paying is going to make a difference. Maybe they are counting on the "Loyet" factor. However, depending on a bunch of drivers (POWRI or others) to tow long distances every Sunday to race because they love the track is also crazy.

I always thought that the races at APS with Badger were top notch. There are not many times that I gone to the races watched 20-24 cars in one class with no other classes and felt that I got a great nights worth of racing. However, I got it everytime that I went to APS.

What I dislike the most is that both sides think that they do not need the other side. APS will not be able to keep the great fans without quality races with quality cars. A Badger race that is buried along with 5 oher classes is not going to nearly as special as before.

Both sides are Crazy and both sides are killing the golden goose.

1/28/10, 10:56 PM   #7
TNRustler

I don't know who did or said what. What I do know is I hate to see this split. Angel Park Speedway and BMARA together is when the world is right. One or the other may last but the chances of both making it long term does not look good.

1/29/10, 6:06 PM   #8
Jonr

....and the title sponsor is? Seems like waiting till 4:00 in the afternoon is a little late to get out that press release.

1/29/10, 7:29 PM   #9
rocket5612

On this one we agree Jonr. Seems to me that you lose a lot of credibility when you say you are going to announce a title sponsor on a certain day and don't do it. Come on BMARA get your head out of your ***!!!

Quote:
....and the title sponsor is? Seems like waiting till 4:00 in the afternoon is a little late to get out that press release.

1/29/10, 7:30 PM   #10
rocket5612

double post
Last edited by rocket5612; 1/29/10 at 7:31 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BMARA Update