IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt Tonight
7/20/13, 8:57 PM   #81
Re: Haubstadt Tonight
richie

Fun Facts:

This marks the 9th time in 26 Indiana Sprintweeks that the winner of the Bloomington race went on to win the Sprintweek points title.

It also marks the 7th time that a driver won the final event of Sprintweek and also won the Sprintweek points title.

Congrats to Bryan and TSR team!

3 members like this post: racefan20, racing4aman, Steve Wendel
7/20/13, 9:30 PM   #82
TNRustler

It's understandable to be disappointed about the race being cancelled but NOBODY works harder than Tommy and his crew!

7/20/13, 9:34 PM   #83
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMA1181 View Post
BS, last time it was clear by 630 and didn't rain a drop the rest of the night or next morning. Everyone says if its gonna rain, this is the place for it to happen. Everyone that's here could walk a lap and bring all the moisture out of the track. Like the Dodge commercial "God made farmer," that farmer is scared to work. I work every day, they work two weeks a year but he just got my weeks pay.

Posted via Mobile Device
Guess you never checked the radar that the line of storms that was supposed to hit you at about 4pm was just sitting and churning and shown no sign of JUST MOVING THROUGH. My guess is you look at 11pm and it will still be raining.

I know people that started at Waynesfield, traveled to Paragon and then to Haubstadt today or over 300 miles.........

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/20/13, 9:46 PM   #84
JMA1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Guess you never checked the radar that the line of storms that was supposed to hit you at about 4pm was just sitting and churning and shown no sign of JUST MOVING THROUGH. My guess is you look at 11pm and it will still be raining.

I know people that started at Waynesfield, traveled to Paragon and then to Haubstadt today or over 300 miles.........
Charlie, good for them, they obviously have a higher disposable income than I do, I'm not willing to spend more than a weeks pay for one night, many things can be said about that but I'm talking about racing. Since you live and die by the radar, I guess you would tell me it's raining good here since it shows yellow, I was just outside and it's a light sprinkle. When I was on my way down here, there was nothing on the radar, rain does come and go so don't feed me that stuff, already had dinner. If people are traveling from Waynesfield to Paragon to Haubstadt, why would they do so if the radar shows rain? To make that drive, it is 6 hours. Why would they be at Waynesfield so early? The great atmosphere that is provided by a local show?

Thank you!!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: on_the_edge
7/20/13, 9:58 PM   #85
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Might pick yourself up some Cheese for Desert then?

Your far from the only one who's been burnt by mother nature this year.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, open_wheel_outlaw, TeamCGR
7/20/13, 9:58 PM   #86
racefan20

Quote:
Charlie, good for them, they obviously have a higher disposable income than I do, I'm not willing to spend more than a weeks pay for one night, many things can be said about that but I'm talking about racing. Since you live and die by the radar, I guess you would tell me it's raining good here since it shows yellow, I was just outside and it's a light sprinkle. When I was on my way down here, there was nothing on the radar, rain does come and go so don't feed me that stuff, already had dinner. If people are traveling from Waynesfield to Paragon to Haubstadt, why would they do so if the radar shows rain? To make that drive, it is 6 hours. Why would they be at Waynesfield so early? The great atmosphere that is provided by a local show?

Thank you!!

Posted via Mobile Device
14 posts and he is already the wisest man on the board. Sometimes you gotta remember dude that its not always about you. Nobody wanted to run that race more than Tommy and the TSS staff and since they dont have your crystal ball then I guess all they have to go by is the radar. It shows a bunch of rain to still go through so thats what info they used to cancel. If you are so damned smart why dont you save your pennies and buy a track and sit in the promoters shoes. I think you will find that its a thankless and difficult job. Mainly because people like you cant see life beyond the end of their nose.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/20/13, 10:43 PM   #87
JMA1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
14 posts and he is already the wisest man on the board. Sometimes you gotta remember dude that its not always about you. Nobody wanted to run that race more than Tommy and the TSS staff and since they dont have your crystal ball then I guess all they have to go by is the radar. It shows a bunch of rain to still go through so thats what info they used to cancel. If you are so damned smart why dont you save your pennies and buy a track and sit in the promoters shoes. I think you will find that its a thankless and difficult job. Mainly because people like you cant see life beyond the end of their nose.
I appreciate the compliments, if it took me a weeks worth of pay to watch a race, do you really think I will be purchasing a track anytime soon? If someone's wiseness is based on their post count, there must be many people on this board wiser than me which is proven time and time again. Never once have I complained about a race being called or a slick track or a heavy track, run the race as far as I'm concerned as everyone has the same track. As for tonight, I will now agree that it was the right decision to call the race as I am still here and there is still rain falling but why no makeup date? Two races got rain last year and were made up, Putnamville ran on Sunday if I remember corectly. Sure there is a chance of rain but Terre Haute had a 0% chance of rain a couple weeks ago and it rained out, I'm guessing the weathermen must have a low post count since they don't seem very wise.

The more you complain, the higher the post count, the wiser you are.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by JMA1181; 7/20/13 at 11:38 PM.

2 members like this post: ossuks, PAW
7/20/13, 11:28 PM   #88
Jerry Shaw

Congratulations, Bryan. Good thing you have a dog, instead of a cat. Cats don't like rocking chairs. Especially ones with long tails.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

1 member likes this post:
7/20/13, 11:48 PM   #89
captrat

Quote:
BS, last time it was clear by 630 and didn't rain a drop the rest of the night or next morning. Everyone says if its gonna rain, this is the place for it to happen. Everyone that's here could walk a lap and bring all the moisture out of the track. Like the Dodge commercial "God made farmer," that farmer is scared to work. I work every day, they work two weeks a year but he just got my weeks pay.

Posted via Mobile Device
It is pure fantasy to think tonight's track could be saved. Just left Haub Steakhouse at 9:30 and it was and is still raining. My only question is: What is the USAC/Promoter policy for makeups? Had a great week, but since we came from Florida would have welcomed a Sunday reschedule. Explanations appreciated. (Understand weather outlook even worse for tomorrow).

2 members like this post: Indy1808, mowerman
7/21/13, 10:48 AM   #90
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry shaw View Post
congratulations, bryan. Good thing you have a dog, instead of a cat. Cats don't like rocking chairs. Especially ones with long tails.

Jerry

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt Tonight