Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City updates
6/6/08, 7:34 PM   #1
Gas City updates
smallblock

anyone got any news?

6/6/08, 7:54 PM   #2
Re: Gas City updates
Melmo

Don't have no updates but there's a bad storm heading that way if its not there by now!!!

6/6/08, 7:57 PM   #3
smallblock

just got rained out, they had 27 cars

6/6/08, 8:04 PM   #4
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

Thought so and You may see the same for Putnamville tomorrow we have been pounded today and a lot this week here.:thumbsdown:

Glenflint lake is flooded before today hope it quits soon lots of boats sinking ,floating away and docks destroyed from high water:thumbsdown:

DP

www.dannypollock.com

6/6/08, 8:29 PM   #5
Dwight Clock

I haven't seen a storm like that in a while! I live 10 miles from Gas City and my route home was diverted 3 times due to fallen trees in the road. Anybody wanna help me build an ark?:eek::O:

6/6/08, 10:00 PM   #6
tjtomthumb

I left Gas City and was headed south on I69 and just past the 1st exit that goes to Fairmount there was a semi truck & trailer laying on it's side blocking the interstate. We had to go on the right side berm to get around that and then when we got to the next exit, there at Alexandria there was another semi on it's side. All along the interstate was small peices of limbs that had blown over the highway. I got off the exit at Alaxandria and headed towards Ohio and at the first stop sign that road was closed off both left and right. To the left you could see a couple of power poles blowed over with the poles and wires out in the roadway. Also out across that way there was a few more trees blown over along the roadway.

Some pretty nasty weather for awhile.:eek:

6/6/08, 10:31 PM   #7
Dwight Clock

I'm glad that I got to spend a few days with my children & brother in NY. Without that it would have been close to 2 thousand miles to see 6 heats and a Semi for sprints and 3 heats and a semi for midgets. That's a total for Grandview Tuesday and Gas City tonight.:Steer:kookoo

6/6/08, 11:34 PM   #8
sprinthead

I headed north on I-69 to Fort Wayne and there two semi's blown off the road...one about 10 miles north and another around the Huntington exits....it was bad for sure. To bad the races rained out as the track was in great shape and the track was getting racy really fast! The first two heats were good. Hope everyone made it home safe.

6/7/08, 12:10 AM   #9
fish

Also headed north on I -69 after leaving Gas City and saw the two semis on their sides. Some nasty stuff for sure.

Have a gallery of photos from before the rain.

www.fscpictorial.com

6/7/08, 12:20 AM   #10
sprinthead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish View Post
Also headed north on I -69 after leaving Gas City and saw the two semis on their sides. Some nasty stuff for sure.

Have a gallery of photos from before the rain.

www.fscpictorial.com
Jim,

Great shot of Steve Ott!! I love the shots seeing them sideways with the wheels cocked to the right as far as they can!!:Steer:applaud:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City updates