IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WOO TSS this weekend
5/11/14, 12:47 PM   #61
Rpracing1

I heard cars were parked behind the lake. I did not know there was "a behind the lake".

5/11/14, 2:07 PM   #62
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider812 View Post
On a side note... Brian Shaw got hit with a jack handle during a fight in the pits after the first mod heat.
Anyone have the full story on that incident? Heard 2 of Shaw's crew guys jumped one other crew guy then after the race they came to get the driver and the guy who was beat up pulled out the jack handle. So was it uncalled for if he was defending himself from those guys after he was already beat up by them once and they came to his pit area looking for another fight?

5/11/14, 2:23 PM   #63
RGraves

No matter what, there is always going to be a fight at Tri-State when it comes to the modifieds. The on track incident was nothing major; the 24 car and Brian Shaw made contact going into turn 3. Shaw never spun but just came to a stop. He was able to come back and either run 2nd or 3rd. Just the product if pill draw racing.

5/11/14, 3:18 PM   #64
Re: WOO TSS this weekend
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinisprintfan View Post
Apparently nobody sits down at Outlaw races.
I had a reserved seat on the top row so I wasn't affected much by this behavior. I think the standing issue occurred mainly after the announcer called for the fans to stand and salute the drivers at the beginning of the feature. This happens to a certain degree at all races. It could easily be solved if the announcer would ask the fans to be seated after the salute so that everyone may enjoy the races.
I had not attended a WoO race in years at TSS and don't plan to attend another one. But, never say never. I had a fairly enjoyable evening and the racing itself wasn't that bad, particularly in the feature, but it paled in comparison to the scintillating drive that the MDC put on in the feature on April 26th. It would have been a more interesting feature if Sammy hadn't eliminated himself.
As far as the crowd goes, I counted 36,423,612 (well, that's a rough estimate). While standing in line for the restroom, the man in front of me said "I've had to stand in line to get in, to get food and to go the restroom. I'm not coming back!" Obviously a lot of people showed up because of Steve Kinser's farewell tour. I talked to a man from Olney, IL who hadn't been to TSS for more than ten years, and I heard other comments from people who hadn't been there in years.
I stayed for most of the modified feature, and I drove right out. It was interesting to watch the huge throng leave; there was the rush by many as soon as the checkered drop, another group left after the winners interview, then the gradual exit during the modified feature as cautions occurred. This pattern is similar to what occurs at each race at TSS.
Glad to see Tom Helfrich and Dewig meats both have a profitable evening.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Mud Packer, racenut69, Steve Wendel
5/11/14, 3:26 PM   #65
illinisprintfan

I ended up staying until the bitter end so I could pick up a Ballou shirt in the pits. Modified feature ended up being a very good race.

1 member likes this post: racephoto1
5/11/14, 3:28 PM   #66
Slider812
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post
Anyone have the full story on that incident? Heard 2 of Shaw's crew guys jumped one other crew guy then after the race they came to get the driver and the guy who was beat up pulled out the jack handle. So was it uncalled for if he was defending himself from those guys after he was already beat up by them once and they came to his pit area looking for another fight?
Yeah I know the full story. It was the result of the on track incident. It's way to long to type it all out. Long story short. Shaw himself was backed into by a car. He punched and the crew member hit him in the head with handle. It was a full swing and shaw was split open to the bone. Dude that swung was in cuffs.

5/11/14, 3:29 PM   #67
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Word is the Mod person had to have emergency brain surgery from the Jack handle incident.. Anyone have any updates?

1 member likes this post: Rpracing1
5/11/14, 3:55 PM   #68
RGraves

^what do you mean Shaw was backed into by a car?

5/11/14, 4:00 PM   #69
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Word is the Mod person had to have emergency brain surgery from the Jack handle incident.. Anyone have any updates?
Moved into ICU, serious but stable condition.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1 member likes this post: ronmil
5/11/14, 4:08 PM   #70
Slider812
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGraves View Post
^what do you mean Shaw was backed into by a car?
Yes. But it wasn't like he was ran over. Pretty much a bump.. Just enough for him to get pissed

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WOO TSS this weekend