IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS Opener at Fremont $3300 to win /$300 to star
2/3/13, 9:18 PM   #1
BOSS Opener at Fremont $3300 to win /$300 to star
sprinter14

BOSS Opener to pay $3300 to win - $300 to start in Hensel Memorial

Fremont Speedway promoter Rich Farmer and the family of former Fremont Speedway racer Mike Hensel have partnered with the Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series to offer $3,300 to win the series opener on Saturday, May 4th at the "Track That Action Built". Hensel was a local racer who loved competing without the wings and in honor of his career as car #33, the event will be a 33 lap feature for the $3,300 top prize with $300 to start the 20 car main event. In addition, $200 is guaranteed to the first car who fails to transfer out of the B-Main and all drivers who compete in the program are guaranteed $100 tow money.

Defending BOSS champion, Dustin Smith of Russiaville, Indiana will lead a strong contingent of series regulars into battle including the 2012 top 10 in points, consisting of Tony Beaber of Gibsonburg, Ohio, Landon Simon of Indianapolis, Indiana, Kirk Jeffries of Westerville, Ohio, Aaron Middaugh of Polk, Ohio, Brandon Spithaler of Evans City, Pennsylvania, Chuck Wilson of Perrysburg, Ohio, Lewie Christian of West Jefferson, Ohio, Steve Irwin of Fenton, Michigan, and Mark Cassella of Weirton, West Virginia. Several new drivers have indicated their intentions to compete full time with BOSS in 2013 and will be on hand at Fremont including Chad Wilson, Andre Layfield, Skip Dougherty, Matt Phillips and more.

For the second year in a row, Fremont will kick off the BOSS campaign like last year the Michigan Traditional Sprint series (MTS) will co-sanction the opener. 2012 MTS champ Joe Irwin will lead his group into battle including drivers like Mark Irwin, Joe Bares, Mike Galajda, Nate Bostrom and many more. Fremont Speedway regulars are also expected to join the field on the heels of last year's upset victory by local driver Jamie Miller who was followed by Stuart Brubaker, another Fremont regular.

Watch for more details and big announcements about the 2013 BOSS tour in the coming weeks. You can follow the news on the series website at www.buckeyesprints.com For more information on the series, you can contact BOSS at 740-703-3768 or e-mail sprinter14@hotmail.com
Attached Images
hensel flier.jpg (166.1 KB, 66 views)

2/4/13, 12:28 PM   #2
Re: BOSS Opener at Fremont $3300 to win /$300 to s
Will Shunk

Like Mike Hensel and his family, I too love the nw sprint cars in the Buckeye state. With only one track having the courage to attempt weekly nw sprint cars, why did this race have to go head to head with their opener? Why couldn't this race be run April 27? USAC is busy in Indiana, so all of the Waynesfield, MTS and BOSS cars could compete for this great prize and prestige of this race. Without weekly tracks running nw sprints, there would not be a BOSS as all of OH is wing 305, 360, & 410's. Put the weekly track division out of business and BOSS will be out of business in short order as well. Please consider moving this race so non wing fans in Ohio can SUPPORT ALL non wing sprint racing rather than having to choose between two viable options on May 4. Divided we fall and united we stand. This Fremont race is a fantastic idea and payday for racers, fans, BOSS, and Rich Farmer in the short term but may be a death knell to the long term growth and survival of non wing sprint car racing in Ohio. To me, May 4 will be a watershed day for non wing sprint car racing's future in Ohio.

1 member likes this post: dkdorkboy
2/4/13, 1:24 PM   #3
UberKuhlMan

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 70

Should be a good show. I might try and make my first trip up to Fremont for this. USAC Sprints are in Nebraska that night so there's a good chance many of the local teams will stick around and run it. You'll lose the teams running for national points but I wouldn't be too concerned with car count.

1 member likes this post: wvwildthg
2/4/13, 4:50 PM   #4
wvwildthg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Shunk View Post
Like Mike Hensel and his family, I too love the nw sprint cars in the Buckeye state. With only one track having the courage to attempt weekly nw sprint cars, why did this race have to go head to head with their opener? Why couldn't this race be run April 27? USAC is busy in Indiana, so all of the Waynesfield, MTS and BOSS cars could compete for this great prize and prestige of this race. Without weekly tracks running nw sprints, there would not be a BOSS as all of OH is wing 305, 360, & 410's. Put the weekly track division out of business and BOSS will be out of business in short order as well. Please consider moving this race so non wing fans in Ohio can SUPPORT ALL non wing sprint racing rather than having to choose between two viable options on May 4. Divided we fall and united we stand. This Fremont race is a fantastic idea and payday for racers, fans, BOSS, and Rich Farmer in the short term but may be a death knell to the long term growth and survival of non wing sprint car racing in Ohio. To me, May 4 will be a watershed day for non wing sprint car racing's future in Ohio.
The way you put it is BOSS shouldnt run any saturday shows because Waynesfield runs that night??? I believe that BOSS is doing great things to get NW racing throughout the State ...in the short time it has grown ... i believe the smallest field he had was 18 cars ....He started this as a traveling series ...not to step on anyones toes ,his concept seems to be working and i really dont believe it ever hurt waynesfields car counts...He went with the dates that worked for the speedways and his schedule....you cant please everyone but i believe Arron tries too....He is the best thing that has happened for the Non wing guys ...He has interest peeked throughout the state and beyond!!!! BOSS will be around for along time to come ...just wait and see..
Last edited by wvwildthg; 2/4/13 at 5:06 PM.

2/4/13, 9:00 PM   #5
wideopen24

What Waynesfield drivers supported the TRAVELING B.O.S.S. Series last year?

2/4/13, 9:32 PM   #6
WRP DK

BOSS and WRP do talk quite frequently and are working on some very neat future shows. Smith is the only WRP regular that I think stuck with BOSS and he won the points. Again, we support BOSS and BOSS supports us. If we didn't then it wouldn't be good for NW racing.

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: dkdorkboy, JazzTrombonist, koolaid89, wvwildthg
2/4/13, 9:55 PM   #7
Will Shunk

BOSS has 12 Saturday dates. Saturday is the most logical night to travel and race. I applaud BOSS for what they are trying to promote; an effective organization for nw sprint teams to follow in OH, IN, and PA. I simply asked why May 4 (11 of the top 20 in BOSS 2012 points are WRP regulars) in direct conflict with Waynesfield's opener. Disappointing the opening week fans and promoter may negatively impact the ability to support a weekly class of racers if the perception for 2013 is dwindling car counts. No cars, no fans, no weekly place to GROW the nw sprint car class in OH and the core teams for BOSS will dry up in a few years. I have been wrong often and I hope I am wrong in this instance because I support both WRP and BOSS teams and shows. Again, why May 4th within 100 miles of each other?

2/5/13, 12:38 AM   #8
slide22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Shunk View Post
BOSS has 12 Saturday dates. Saturday is the most logical night to travel and race. I applaud BOSS for what they are trying to promote; an effective organization for nw sprint teams to follow in OH, IN, and PA. I simply asked why May 4 (11 of the top 20 in BOSS 2012 points are WRP regulars) in direct conflict with Waynesfield's opener. Disappointing the opening week fans and promoter may negatively impact the ability to support a weekly class of racers if the perception for 2013 is dwindling car counts. No cars, no fans, no weekly place to GROW the nw sprint car class in OH and the core teams for BOSS will dry up in a few years. I have been wrong often and I hope I am wrong in this instance because I support both WRP and BOSS teams and shows. Again, why May 4th within 100 miles of each other?
Probably because Fremont is a 410 WINGED sprint car track with their own big time series with Attica (F.A.S.T,) plus numerous ASCoC shows throughout the year. I doubt Aaron had a whole lot of say in the date he recieved.

2/5/13, 4:13 AM   #9
hoosierdaddy

Should USAC not schedule shows in Indiana on Friday and Saturday as well? It would be awesome to get the Indy boys over to Ohio for this show too...but USAC is in Nebraska, LPS is scheduled, the Burg is also scheduled. It happens. Maybe some day Will Shunk can sit down and make a schedule for all participants that makes everyone happy
Last edited by hoosierdaddy; 2/5/13 at 4:18 AM.

2/5/13, 8:33 AM   #10
hoosierhillbilly

I think we in Ohio should be happy we have 2 options for non winged racing on any night.

Car counts will be fine at both. They were last year. I think there were 56 cars between the two tracks. Not bad in a winged state.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Mud Packer, smith19
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS Opener at Fremont $3300 to win /$300 to star