Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gotta love Smoke
2/13/10, 11:49 AM   #11
Re: Gotta love Smoke
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
Ahh Dale JR ring a bell for too much media and not that great a driver. NACRAP is stale. How many times can you say Martin is Old, Jimmy wins a lot, Tony owns his own team and JR sucks. Pretty old and stale. Danica is fresh news.
That sums it up. Retired people have experience. They're also old and out of date. The idea that they are suitable to be broadcasters is ludicrous.

I know nothing about football, baseball or basketball but from watching the network "jack of all trades" anchors cover racing, I 've learned they know nothing about anything. They really have no credibility in covering racing.

I don't really watch IRL too often but I'm already sick of the "that was fun", "The fans were really cool at the fan forum Q & A I did! Thanks!" quotes from Danica. Also the stomping her feet walk down pit road is a little tired.

Green race cars are bad luck. We'll see it in the Danica 300 today and the 500 with Mark Martin tomorrow.
Last edited by apexonephoto; 2/13/10 at 11:53 AM.

2/13/10, 11:58 AM   #12
VaDirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexonephoto View Post

Green race cars are bad luck. We'll see it in the Danica 300 today and the 500 with Mark Martin tomorrow.
Really? How do you explain Steve Kinser?:2:

But yea, I'm with ya on green. Hate it!

2/13/10, 1:48 PM   #13
REH24

You have to admit Danica has one heck of a PR company. The IRL should hire them or better yet USAC and maybe they would grow in popularity.

2/13/10, 2:25 PM   #14
jpzank

Wondering if Danica happens to have a top-ten finish today in the Nationwide race -- what will all you pundits have to say?

"She was driving the best car..."

Really? better than Jr's and Kyle Busch's and Stewart's?

"She was lucky..."

Really? at Daytona... for a rookie?

Just watch the race -- she may (or may not) surprise us all. Either way, she's at Daytona racing today and we're not...

JP

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
2/13/10, 2:49 PM   #15
quicktime3

Well, Bryan Clauson set a pretty high bar for a rookie at Daytona. Of course, he can't even get a damn ride because of crap like this...

2/13/10, 6:20 PM   #16
Bostonian

Did anyone notice that there was another female in the race Rusty Wallace's daughter. She's starting out just like her brother

When Danica got collected in the wreck, it became "All Danica" in the replays. They even ran constant updates for her along the bottom of the screen. Lets see what Danica could do against Erica Santos in a midget, sprint, or super or any of the other female drivers running in USAC. I think they would give her a run for the win every time. I'd love to see what she could do in average equipment. Seeing she's average in top equipment

Lets hope for a safe season

1 member likes this post: Need For Speed
2/13/10, 6:29 PM   #17
REH24

[QUOTE=Bostonian;157240]Did anyone notice that there was another female in the race Rusty Wallace's daughter. She's starting out just like her brother

That was Rusty's niece, Michael Wallace's daughter Christy Wallace.

2/13/10, 6:51 PM   #18
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
Did anyone notice that there was another female in the race Rusty Wallace's daughter. She's starting out just like her brother

When Danica got collected in the wreck, it became "All Danica" in the replays. They even ran constant updates for her along the bottom of the screen. Lets see what Danica could do against Erica Santos in a midget, sprint, or super or any of the other female drivers running in USAC. I think they would give her a run for the win every time. I'd love to see what she could do in average equipment. Seeing she's average in top equipment

Lets hope for a safe season
It's Rusty's niece. Mike Wallace's daughter. The nepotism in racing has been there forever and while many people don't like it I kind of understand it. At least if someone's gonna wreck your stuff, it might be better if they are related to you. We all treat racing as a family sport and so do the wealthy.

I agree the Danica coverage is a bit much.

Sorry REH24, I started reading something else before I pressed post...
Last edited by apexonephoto; 2/13/10 at 7:05 PM.

2/13/10, 7:16 PM   #19
skids59

Tony is my favorite cup driver, but how bout some kudos for Allgaier.

2/13/10, 7:45 PM   #20
Gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicktime3 View Post
Well, Bryan Clauson set a pretty high bar for a rookie at Daytona. Of course, he can't even get a damn ride because of crap like this...
Agreed. BC got a fifth or sixth at Daytona and he get rewarded with riding the pine while while the Krisiloff kid buys his way into a few races and underwhealms the railbirds and Mr. Judd further proving that he needed to be back in the IRL. I hope Bryan can get back to his ultimate goal. It would be fun to root for BC, Josh and Ricky in Nayionwise.

1 member likes this post: midgetmaniac
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gotta love Smoke