IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
revjimk (Offline)
  #41 8/17/22 4:10 PM
Originally Posted by DaleDuBois:
I went against my better judgement. What I saw was not worth the $40 I paid to watch. I've seen much better shows for $15 or $20 at Lincoln Park. I even packed up and left before the feature was over.
Others were also leaving before it was over. There was lots of people there, maybe lots of them were wing sprint car wing loving people. Even some of these people thought (I paid $40 to see this). Larson and Sweet played it up big, but what they are wanting to do is not going to work. You can fool some of the people part of the time but not all of the people all of the time.
Paid $40 & left before the feature was over??? Sounds like "cutting off your nose to spite your face" & you seem to have come in with a negative attitude. Kofoid won from 9th... whattaya want already????
17 Likes: Bobv, BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, erich45, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66, miledirt, oldfan49, opnwhlmnd, PAW, RoyMunson, Scott Daloisio, Stephen Cording, stp6237, TNRustler
revjimk (Offline)
  #42 8/17/22 4:15 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Disclaimer, I am more of a non wing fan. This race started on time. Paid good enough money to justify the admission cost. Was an efficiently run show, that ended at a decent time on a Tuesday. The winner came from row 5. The track prep was really good. Racers made decent money. Trying to figure out what is wrong? The only problem I had was not inverting 6 in the heats. No or a low inversion is commonplace in wing racing. (some seem intent on bringing it to non-wing) I say good job to all involved.
Holy frijoles... you used the "NW" word! You told me there were only "Winged sprint cars" & "sprint cars".... but i guess you had to use that "Hoosierly incorrect" term to get your point across
How many cars did they invert anyway?
& I agree with everything you said....
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Hustlin-Hoosier, opnwhlmnd
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #43 8/17/22 4:29 PM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
Holy frijoles... you used the "NW" word! You told me there were only "Winged sprint cars" & "sprint cars".... but i guess you had to use that "Hoosierly incorrect" term to get your point across
Inverted zero in the heats.
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #44 8/17/22 4:31 PM
Originally Posted by Aurora78:
Sprint week was $30. All USAC shows are $30.
Circle City was $25 and $20 for seniors.

Bruce Eckel
3 Likes: Dirtfan, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #45 8/17/22 4:45 PM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
Yes, I dumbed it down
2 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, opnwhlmnd
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #46 8/17/22 7:18 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Yes, I dumbed it down
Who for the wing fans or non wing fans?
I dare you to say which one
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #47 8/17/22 10:10 PM
For the record, Al complained they started 20 minutes late
Vookie (Offline)
  #48 8/17/22 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
For the record, Al complained they started 20 minutes late
At Al's age every minute counts.
3 Likes: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, mc/rider
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #49 8/17/22 11:45 PM
We didn’t drive the 5 hrs to go to LPS, but we watched the heats and the feature on Flo. IMO, the heats were pretty good, with some passes for position and a couple had decent battles for the final transfer position. I thought the feature was good, with lots of passes throughout. The production seemed well organized and efficient. I think the feature ended before 10 PM Indy time.

The production on Flo was good. Dillon Welch and ? were very informative without talking too much IMO.

I guess I don’t understand the resistance to this production/operation/League IF they stick with their midweek plan. It pays good money to win and start, and provides an opportunity for racers to cash an extra check that wouldn’t be available to them otherwise. And again, IF they stick to their stated plan of attempting to bring the product to locations that don’t traditionally run sprint cars, it MIGHT make some new fans. Not sure what I’m missing that makes this such a bad thing!
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, Dale, miledirt, Offroadrace_814, racenut69, The Old Coyote
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #50 8/18/22 1:52 AM
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1:
We didn’t drive the 5 hrs to go to LPS, but we watched the heats and the feature on Flo. IMO, the heats were pretty good, with some passes for position and a couple had decent battles for the final transfer position. I thought the feature was good, with lots of passes throughout. The production seemed well organized and efficient. I think the feature ended before 10 PM Indy time.

The production on Flo was good. Dillon Welch and ? were very informative without talking too much IMO.

I guess I don’t understand the resistance to this production/operation/League IF they stick with their midweek plan. It pays good money to win and start, and provides an opportunity for racers to cash an extra check that wouldn’t be available to them otherwise. And again, IF they stick to their stated plan of attempting to bring the product to locations that don’t traditionally run sprint cars, it MIGHT make some new fans. Not sure what I’m missing that makes this such a bad thing!
Just to answer your question mark, the other announcer was Dustin Jarrett. He announces a lot of the big late model shows with Ben Shelton. Dustin is sort of a track chaser and I believe Lincoln Park was career track #316 he stated yesterday on Facebook while posting a view of the track from the announcer's booth.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.