IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > An Open Letter From Paul Hazen
1/17/13, 9:09 PM   #1
An Open Letter From Paul Hazen
awon24

After receiving many phone calls about the posts put on the internet by Billy Puterbaugh, Jr., I thought it was necessary to clear up a few things – well everything he said about the Hazen Motor sports #57 operation:

1. Motor is not old – has all new parts – just a combination we have used over years with a lot of success!! It can win at any given time.
2. Old shocks?? Advance Suspension Cockpit Adjustable.
3. American Racer Tires – they speak for themselves with 275 plus feature wins and several track championships over the years!!
4. Wake up – the days of winning every week are gone.
5. Frame destroyed 5 or 6 times – wrong again – that frame went to recycling after 2 front clips – present frame is 2 years old.
6. A.J. Hopkins – A driver respecting his car owner – After he contacted me and we were close to putting a deal together, he talked to Roy (#42) and Roy had spent a lot of money thinking A.J. was still going to drive, so A.J. felt he should stay with him. Great respect A.J. Our relationship is if I need a driver at some point and Roy’s (#42) is not running, he would be available. So another statement by Puterbaugh Jr, not even close to correct.
7. It does not cost any more to get to your local tracks regardless if it’s a regular show or a USAC show – a little more competition. But we don’t worry about that – heck, it is more fun if you can run respectable against some of the higher dollar teams.
8. In regards to the remark of you people can’t have fun, I don’t consider untrue statements and trash talk on the internet about any motor sports team as having fun.
9. As a past HARF Hall Of Fame Inductee, it takes more than a few feature wins and track championships – you need fans and friends around the country to cast their votes for you. Good luck!
10. I would like to thank all the fans and friends who supported the Hazen Motor sports #57 team through this downgrading mess.

Thanks,

Paul Hazen

PS Oh ya, I about forgot – Jon Stanbrough or Dave Darland could drive my car on any
given night starting close to you and kick your as*. Just my opinion.

Posted on behalf of Paul's nephew (Paul does not have the internet).
Aaron Miller

219 members like this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, 1956offy, 1st, 2fast4u, 2HWrench, 38DD, 3wide, 5JMOFFATTFAN!, addictedtodirt, Al Pierce, Andrew S. Quinn, AP64, ASPHALT24, babcock14d, badgerfan, bandres21, beas1042, Beer Goggles, bighd0522, bigq11, Bigrod55, Bill Angel, bmemmer, Bobv, bolton2x, boomer, Bostonian, bowbuild, bpa94, brady, brian2h, burris7555, c47, chambersday, Charles Nungester, Chastain75, Checker'd Past, Claybird33, coachmeece, cope42, Copperhead, cowboyhar69, crow, crp26, cwfan08, daniel country, dave, DaveP63, Dick Mahoney, dirt330, dirtfan24, dirtnonwingfan, dkdorkboy, donwilshe, dougvan, Drtchsr, dshort36, dubsak95, dusty tracks, Eatin Dirt, EldoraMark, ffrid, FishBurger, Fredy, frenchfry, fuzzyracing, gentry26x, GregD, HARFprez, huggypole, HurstBros0, I Miss Manzy, Indy, interpreter66, JackSam40, jason_rc_racing, JEFFSTOY, Jerry Shaw, jerrythar500, JETFXR, Jhouts06, Jimmydiesel, jjones752, jmo8, Joe@ScaleSprints, John P Huss, Jrp4554, jswan7s, JustIn41, K9Racer, Kalvin, kcarm92, koolaid89, KRJoyce1, kruser, kstudley57, LRP36, LUCKYONE, MarkHarden, Mattvp52, mayor31, MEAT, Melmo, Midget 89, midget fan, midgetmaniac, Mike M 67, miwingless, ModernDayDrifter, Modocer 57, Morgan7m, mowerman, mpgouty, mtek56, Mud Packer, Mudslinger, nedra_bahler_835@com, nonwing77, old coot, oldfan49, oldguy, onthegas7j, openwheelKT, oppweld, otgracing17, Ovalmeister, PAW, pepprdig, Pine, PIT CART, PJ Wright, Puppy, Quick Change, R.M.Machining, racefan20, racegal, racephoto1, racerfanx2, rachasin, racing2bwithu2, racingirl, RadRacer, rapid robert, rdzsprint, RedRacer07, reeserx, rg1, RGraves, RICHCRAFT.SPL, RichH, RJ481, robert gatten, ronmil, ROSS, Rpracing1, RR>LR=LTO, Russ, Russell Ficklin, r_harper, sc17x, scooter99, Scott Daloisio, SCOTT M, scottfor410, SETracing, ShamrockRacin'48G, Shawn, SHORTBUS, Sid G., skids59, smith19, snow white 33, speed bump, Speedracer, SpfldMile, spicoli, Sprint car fan, SPRINTCAR, sprintcar#31, sprinter6, Sprintfan1985, SprintManDave, sprintracer82, Sprints!, stanbrough4presidentgo53, stanfan, Stealth87, Stephen Cording, Steve, Steve Wendel, suskybass, Team T, TeamCGR, ThePurple73, throb, Tim Bookmiller, tim brown, TNRustler, Tom23, TommyTipover, Tubee, turn4, Ty, UberKuhlMan, Vukie, wallbanger II, Wayne Davis, wideopen24, WINGLESS, wolfpack58, wolfracer69, worm, wvwildthg, younggun398
1/17/13, 9:27 PM   #2
daniel country
Banned

I would be greatful to run for paul!! 317 378 0135

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by daniel country; 1/17/13 at 9:30 PM.

1 member likes this post: speed bump
1/17/13, 9:49 PM   #3
Bradleyracing86

I'd also give a n$t for that opportunity...

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: speed bump
1/17/13, 10:11 PM   #4
Re: An Open Letter From Paul Hazen
racephoto1

January 17, and I've just read the post of the year.

1/17/13, 10:38 PM   #5
Rpracing1

Awesome! The history this gentleman has behind him, the respect for him should just be a natural occurrance.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by Rpracing1; 1/18/13 at 12:01 PM.

2 members like this post: koolaid89, speed bump
1/17/13, 10:46 PM   #6
HurstBros0

Thank you Mr. Hazen... It`s an honor to race with an outstanding gentleman like yourself...

4 members like this post: babcock14d, interpreter66, kcarm92, speed bump
1/17/13, 11:16 PM   #7
Tim Bookmiller

I have had the honor to do both- race against Paul and to drive his race car.....in either case ..none comes better..to be beaten by or to beat .or to drive for Paul Hazen you know you have challenged or been challenged by one of the best

1/18/13, 4:25 AM   #8
Andrew S. Quinn

Interesting that I noticed that 57 people had liked the original post. I had to make it 58.

3 members like this post: ICANCU, pwaltonuscs, speed bump
1/18/13, 9:47 AM   #9
fuzzyracing

55+ years "in the business"! and still going strong! Good luck in 2013 to Paul and his crew. One of the youngest crews in the pits!!

John Fosnaugh :goodone:

3 members like this post: PJ Wright, pwaltonuscs, speed bump
1/18/13, 9:50 AM   #10
boomer

1 member likes this post: R.M.Machining
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > An Open Letter From Paul Hazen