IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off Topic - Moving to Indy
3/13/21, 6:08 PM   #1
Off Topic - Moving to Indy
95KART

Hello Hoosier racing fans, I'm moving to Indiana this spring and am looking for a house to rent in the Indianapolis area. I have only been to Indy a couple times and am not really familiar with the area, so I figured I would ask the group here for those that live in Indiana.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I should/shouldn't look for houses to rent? Or any general tips for living/renting in Indy?

Thanks in advance, I apologize if this is too far off topic for this forum. I'm excited to start going to the tracks and watch some sprint car racing the way it should be: without wings!

3/13/21, 8:08 PM   #2
Re: Off Topic - Moving to Indy
Andrew S. Quinn

West side of Indy is what I recommend. Close to interstates,racing shops etc etc. Avon,Brownsburg,Clermont,Pittsboro,Speedway Plainfield,and Danville are towns on the west side fairly close to Indy.

Personally i'd avoid the East side of town unless you own a bulletproof vest etc...etc....

3 members like this post: 95KART, i love dirt track racing, nathans1012
3/13/21, 8:29 PM   #3
openwheelfan1

Second Mr. Quinn’s assessment. We lived in Plainfield for 30 years before moving a few years ago. Highly recommend the IN267 “corridor” of Mooresville, Plainfield, Avon, Brownsburg. Close to Indianapolis, but just far enough away.

2 members like this post: 95KART, racefan20
3/13/21, 9:43 PM   #4
RACrappieman

I would second the above recommendations, however houses are pretty tough to find in the aforementioned areas. I own rental property, and it stays rented easily. I live in Hendricks County (Pittsboro/Danville area) Avoid the east side of Indy at all cost. The north side of Indy is the “high rent district”. I’d start looking seriously for a place to live because it’s highly competitive. Hope this helps.

1 member likes this post: 95KART
3/13/21, 10:15 PM   #5
95KART

Thanks for the recommendations, I thought there was probably a reason all the cheap rentals were on the east side. It is tough finding houses on the west side though that I can afford being fresh out of college. I really don't need the house, I just need the garage, and every extra dollar for rent is one less for racing...

4 members like this post: davidm, jonboat15, oppweld, RockinRy
3/14/21, 6:49 AM   #6
Deansnuts

Contact Robbie Rice They have a small 2 bedroom duplex good for short term.Most rentals have a 6 no lease. Good luck.

2 members like this post: 95KART, oppweld
3/14/21, 11:04 AM   #7
snowdrift

How about the greenfield area check it out

1 member likes this post: 95KART
3/14/21, 11:40 AM   #8
Andrew S. Quinn

I'm surprised the one race fan in Osgood hasnt told you what an exciting place it is to live there yet.......Cept its in the middle of nowhere!

2 members like this post: 95KART, i love dirt track racing
3/14/21, 12:07 PM   #9
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Should that be the "Mayor" of Osgood?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

3 members like this post: 95KART, Andrew S. Quinn, i love dirt track racing
3/14/21, 12:09 PM   #10
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Should that be the "Mayor" of Osgood?
I think he is the director of tourism there !

2 members like this post: 95KART, i love dirt track racing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off Topic - Moving to Indy