IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ROKU and Floracing
2/13/19, 9:08 PM   #11
miwingless

I just hope I did not spend $150 for what I am getting tonight. Way more frozen screen than actual practice laps

2 members like this post: tirespinner, Will Shunk
2/13/19, 11:45 PM   #12
Re: ROKU and Floracing
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRy View Post
Roku is great. The FloRacing App on Roku has been average so far but I'm hoping it gets better as they iron the bugs out.
I think we got spoiled with how good Speed Shift TV did everything. But let's remember we were paying Speed Shift 25 a race and we are getting FloRacing for 150 for the year. I think it will get better and better as the year goes on.
I agree with MileDirt I wish Dirtvision and Speed Shift TV had a Roku app as well.
I subscribe to Lucas Oil Racing TV and a year's subscription is just under $60.00 and it has worked perfectly from the very beginning of our subscription, which was February of 2017.

$150.00 for the year is rather pricey if 2/3's of the time the stream is unwatchable. We've tried to watch 3 separate FLORACING streams to date and 2 of them were dog poop.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
2/14/19, 9:27 AM   #13
Therealether

Issues with streaming? Reboot your routers at least once a week. Clears the routers cache

2/14/19, 9:34 AM   #14
Tracy Turner

I am having the same issues as everyone else. Ill try refreshing my router tonight as suggested. Other than the dropped stream, the picture quality seems to be bad as well. I'm hoping this all improves quickly. I bought the subscription and the ROKU and so far am not impressed. I'm sure missing SPEEDSHIFT TV right now.

3 members like this post: luckybuc97, ossuks, tirespinner
2/14/19, 9:35 AM   #15
Therealether

One other suggestions... Roku sucks. Get a proper Android TV setup or at the very least, a Firestick. A million times better than Roku

2/14/19, 10:56 AM   #16
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealether View Post
One other suggestions... Roku sucks. Get a proper Android TV setup or at the very least, a Firestick. A million times better than Roku
I dont think they have an app for the firestick. I may be wrong but the options to get floracing to your TV are Roku, cast it using chromecast or using an HDMI cable to go directly from your laptop to your TV.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2/14/19, 11:25 AM   #17
ChetC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwingkingofkali View Post
I don't get it, there are over 50 million smart TVs in the US and besides Fanschoice.tv none of the people doing the streaming seem to give a **** about making the streams work on a platform that is supposed to surpass 70 million by 2022. And that is just in the US.
Actually, Speed Shift TV works with the browser built right into your smart tv. The key is making sure it is up to date. I set a friend of mine up with Speed Shift TV saved as a favorite, so it's as simple as clicking the icon. Again, make sure your browser is up to date and if you do see issues, contact our Help Desk and they will assist. You may, depending on the brand of smart tv, need to download a compatible browser.

In regards to Roku/Firestick/app/etc... that adds a whole other layer to support, not just from a customer support perspective, but from a technical support aspect as well. We have always prided ourselves on exceptional customer support and until we feel we have the ability to support it properly, we have no intention of adding another layer. More than 80% of our viewers watch on a mobile device, so our focus is keeping our site clean, clutter free, extremely mobile friendly and taking the money we would spend on support of apps to acquire new content, such as the Lincoln Speedway announcement we made today.

2/14/19, 1:56 PM   #18
ossuks

What confuses me most at this time is : Why no response from Flo to address the concerns? If my company was launching a new product I would think first impression was huge. Why nothing along the lines "we are working to correct, or our product works best with, or using brand Y will likely cause your problem"....Silence makes you go HMMMMM?

If I have missed a reply from Flo instead of toasting me, direct me to the information!
Last edited by ossuks; 2/14/19 at 1:58 PM.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, Bobv, XtremeLS1
2/14/19, 3:02 PM   #19
Therealether

FYI, 97%of Android apps run on Firestick. Also can just use the built in Silk web browser

2/14/19, 3:49 PM   #20
FloRacing

Hello everyone,

Last night we were testing different systems and bandwidth at Bubba Raceway Park in Ocala, Florida.

Although practice last night didn't go as planned, we were able to pin point some of the connectivity issues that we have been fighting.

The USAC Media Crew has been at the speedway since 10am this morning and it appears everything is stable.

Tonight's Round #1 of the AMSOIL USAC National Sprint Car Series is ON!

If you do have an issues, please contact our support team at support@flosports.tv

Enjoy the show everyone!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ROKU and Floracing