IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Butler Bash SOD 8/13
8/9/16, 12:57 PM   #1
Butler Bash SOD 8/13
MIracing

This Friday and Saturday will be the 3rd annual Butler Bash. Friday, will be headlined by UMP Mods for 800 to win. Saturday will feature SOD sprints for 1,500 to win and 300 to start. Saturday will also feature UMP mods, ss and fwd.

If you haven't gotten a chance to see the new SOD series consider checking it out. Car counts and racing have been great so far. The first trip to Butler there 27 sprints on hand hand Brian Smith passed Doug Zimmerman on the last lap to win the feature.

See the attached ad for the SOD portion of the night. There will also be a band playing after the races both nights.
Attached Images
image.jpg (95.1 KB, 37 views)

1 member likes this post: nicrogers
8/9/16, 9:21 PM   #2
Re: Butler Bash SOD 8/13
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIracing View Post
Brian Smith passed Doug Zimmerman on the last lap to win the feature.
....at 1:35 a.m.

8/13/16, 12:31 PM   #3
MIracing

Weather looks like it will cooperate. Last night was cancelled. The tried hard to get it in but mother nature said no. I was worried the mod feature from last night might still be going today when racing was to begin. Sod said they talked to Butler and we won't have a repeat of last time. Plus Butler has been improving with their finishing times. Sounds like a good field of cars coming as well.

2 members like this post: fish, Stevensville Mike
8/13/16, 7:45 PM   #4
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
....Sod said they talked to Butler and we won't have a repeat of last time.
That gets a thumbs-up from ME!

1 member likes this post: fish
8/15/16, 2:39 PM   #5
Eric Smith

Back to the trailer after the feature before midnight. Including a healthy intermission for a helmet pass (that raised over $1500 I think I heard). Headed the right direction...

3 members like this post: Can26, fish, Stevensville Mike
8/15/16, 2:51 PM   #6
MIracing

Late start in qualifying due to the rain we got I'm assuming? Then there was quite a break for an unfortunate incident in the crowd.

All that considered they ran a good program. They ran sprints 2nd before mods. They also started all of the FWD in the feature to avoid a B main. Regardless of what people say they are trying. Still not great by any means but Im always optimistic.

3 members like this post: fish, PIT CART, Stevensville Mike
8/15/16, 2:56 PM   #7
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
They ran sprints 2nd before mods.
THAT in itSELF will pretty much cure the majority of the illness - running ahead of the mods. The mods take up sooooooooo much time at Butler. They need to impose a "bring out the yellow back to the pits" rule for them. The spin and sit or over the berm because I cannot make the corner due to lack of talent and stopping crap has to be stopped.

Glad to hear it went much better. Wish I could have made it but duty (work) called.

1 member likes this post: fish
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Butler Bash SOD 8/13