IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jonr (Offline)
  #1 5/8/24 7:36 PM
Any thoughts on the midget count for Xtreme in Kansas this weekend. I was shocked that POWRi could only pull 7 for Lucas Oil Speedway last weekend. I remember when the Spring POWRi dates in Missouri was a 30+ field.

I guess the following weekend will give us the true health of midgets in the Heartland as it will be USAC's time for midgets in KS and Mo.
ossuks (Offline)
  #2 5/8/24 7:47 PM
at least 9 kkm
6 Likes: flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, oppweld, PIT CART, tirespinner
jdull99 (Offline)
  #3 5/9/24 12:46 AM
Seems like Xtreme averages around 14 cars right?

...but I think we are starting to finally see a time when people are out of $. Maybe the country is tired of living off their credit cards...

I know sprint cars are still pulling #s in, but its gona spread pretty thin once every track opens and its not raining in half the country...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
5 Likes: dkdorkboy, John P Huss, luckybuc97, Midget98, tirespinner
California Mike (Offline)
  #4 5/9/24 11:12 AM
If the three groups would work together Usac PowrI and Xtreme. I think the fields would be very good I realize there’s different thoughts from different groups, but coming all together would benefit everyone especially the fans It wouldn’t have to be your full schedule for several races through the years with all three groups I think would definitely be a benefit for midget racing. Can’t we all get along?😎
3 Likes: captrat, Hustlin-Hoosier, TNRustler
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #5 5/9/24 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by California Mike:
Can’t we all get along?😎
The obvious answer is NO. Tracks and Sanctions will continue to work against each other till the fans quit coming due to lack of counts.

Hate to say that, But there it is.

Charles Nungester
5 Likes: captrat, cowboyhar69, Ilovedirttrackracing, Sandy Lowe, wallbanger II
Frank Reiner (Offline)
  #6 5/9/24 1:15 PM
For a relative success story in Midgets look to the Badgers.
Why?: A stabilized engine specification of reasonable cost.
11 Likes: bighd0522, cowboyhar69, Grocery Guy, Midget98, oldfan49, oppweld, PAW, stp6237, tirespinner, TNRustler, wallbanger II
Midget98 (Offline)
  #7 5/9/24 2:36 PM
Originally Posted by Frank Reiner:
The real answer/story to the original post will be to compare the numbers that show up to Kankakee and Sycamore this weekend with what show up to the Extreme, PowerI, and USAC shows. Arguably, there may be more USAC legal cars sitting in garages than there are BMARA legal cars, yet car counts at the tracks don't align. That tells you a lot about what drives car owners and drivers to show up at the track. Reasonable engine costs to be competitive are the only real difference.
3 Likes: captrat, oppweld, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #8 5/9/24 3:23 PM
Originally Posted by Frank Reiner:

I agree, the only thing growing is stock block based and most of them aren't moving up. Big huge difference in 70k motor you have to rebuild every 7-15 races and 25-35k motors you could run all year, including half miles.

There's still too much money flyin around to ban the TRD's XR-11s etc and make the Stock Block the national. There's still the added expense of travel etc to do it.

The other poster is right. Easily 300-400 midgets out there and two third of em sit for 95% of the races. They have their reasons, I don't question that. It's not my $$$

Charles Nungester
Vookie (Online)
  #9 5/9/24 4:24 PM
Originally Posted by jdull99:
Seems like Xtreme averages around 14 cars right?
NO!

March 15 DuQuoin - 39 cars
March 16 DuQuoin - 40 cars
April 5 US 36 - 23 cars
April 6 Sweet Springs - 28 cars
April 12 Farmer City - 25 cars
April 13 Farmer City - 26 cars

https://xtremeoutlawseries.com/
2 Likes: tirespinner, TNRustler
Vookie (Online)
  #10 5/9/24 4:27 PM
Originally Posted by California Mike:
If the three groups would work together Usac PowrI and Xtreme. I think the fields would be very good I realize there’s different thoughts from different groups, but coming all together would benefit everyone especially the fans It wouldn’t have to be your full schedule for several races through the years with all three groups I think would definitely be a benefit for midget racing. Can’t we all get along?��
USAC and Extreme are working together on the schedules.

https://xtremeoutlawseries.com/midge...r-2024-season/