IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $10,000 to win sprints, $1000 to win mods
9/28/12, 3:43 PM   #31
Re: $10,000 to win sprints, $1000 to win mods
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by minispeed View Post
Dave you would be crazy not to put more lighting sprint races on your schedule for 2013. Do you realize that over 20% of your sprint drivers came out of lighting sprints last year. Support the people that support YOU!!!!!
Minispeed, It's about $$$. While the minisprints are, indeed, real race cars and, yes, they are fast, they aren't a draw at a track like Lawrenceburg. They simply put on a terrible show on the big tracks (1/4 mile+). They get spread out and tend to drive around the track straight as an arrow. Also, it seems that almost every time they run, several a night flameout on the track for no apparent reason. I find very few people at the track, with the exception of family members and close friends, that have any interest whatsoever in watching them on the larger speedways. I'm not detracting from what you do. I know it takes talent to drive those things. The problem is, as a promotor, if you run too many support classes, it can have a counter affect and run off the casual fans. They just don't want to sit through it. Some may ask, "What about the Hornets, then?" Well, in my opinion, they do tend to have more battles on the track and they do offer a little comic relief.

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, FishBurger, Mud Packer, SHORTBUS, smith19
9/28/12, 4:19 PM   #32
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Don`t be suprised to see a shortbus driving around the parking lot

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
9/28/12, 4:23 PM   #33
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS View Post
Wow! Will miracles never cease!

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
9/28/12, 4:39 PM   #34
minispeed

You still don't get it...Its about grooming drivers. yes i will admit they are not the best thing to watch but your nuts if you like watching hornet's over any open wheel car.....You probably like demolition derby's also...lol

9/28/12, 5:06 PM   #35
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by minispeed View Post
You still don't get it...Its about grooming drivers. yes i will admit they are not the best thing to watch but your nuts if you like watching hornet's over any open wheel car.....You probably like demolition derby's also...lol
No..not a huge fan of Demo Derbies LOL. Sprint car drivers can come from almost any form of racing. Many come straight from go-karts to the sprinters. Some come from the modifieds etc. Simply racing a mini on a 3/8 mile track, doesn't necessarily equate to becoming a good sprint car driver. It's my opinion that you will develop more and better skills on the short tracks more suitable to the minis vs. flat footing and driving the thing straight all the way around the track at Lawrenceburg. BTW.. I am a current sprint car owner. I'm not trying to insult you minispeed. Just expressing an opinion. Good Luck in your future racing endeavors

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, FishBurger
9/28/12, 5:23 PM   #36
hupp#9

Cecil i agree they are boring to watch but if these kids aren't there racing and watching the sprint car races how are they suppose to get better and have role models.. Your right that place isn't that fun in a mini either but racing short tracks everyweek doesn't get you used to the speed either nor gets you the experience you get by watching sprint car guys, and plus if they are just racing at fairground tracks how can they have any fans when they do move up.. I'm not saying they need to be there everyweek end but I believe they need to have some races..

This is coming from the kid that grew up racing minis at the old track and the new big track so I've been there and understand

Logan Hupp

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirt330, mtek56, RaceGirl06
9/28/12, 5:35 PM   #37
minispeed

Thank you!!!!! Hupp...

9/28/12, 6:04 PM   #38
Gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS View Post
I will be sure to bring my camera. I may never see this happen again.

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
9/28/12, 6:47 PM   #39
lazyifoto

Sense this is Pretty in Pink night for breast cancer awareness will it be OK if I bring my B I G BoomBox and play a song by Rodney Carrington just before the Sprint feature rolls out.??? the name of the song is ???something??? and Beer......If I could just remember what that something is???? LoL

9/28/12, 7:01 PM   #40
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by hupp#9 View Post
Cecil i agree they are boring to watch but if these kids aren't there racing and watching the sprint car races how are they suppose to get better and have role models.. Your right that place isn't that fun in a mini either but racing short tracks everyweek doesn't get you used to the speed either nor gets you the experience you get by watching sprint car guys, and plus if they are just racing at fairground tracks how can they have any fans when they do move up.. I'm not saying they need to be there everyweek end but I believe they need to have some races..

This is coming from the kid that grew up racing minis at the old track and the new big track so I've been there and understand

Logan Hupp

Posted via Mobile Device
Logan, I respect your opinion and I also know your background. Your uncle Jason (who was an excellent sprint car driver and a great guy) and I had similar discussions on this board about the minis several years ago. I know Jason believes whole heartedly in the minis as a valid training ground for the sprinters, as well. BTW....Great year this year! You guys do have The Burg figured out!!!!
Last edited by cecil98; 9/29/12 at 6:33 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $10,000 to win sprints, $1000 to win mods