wildman92 (Online)
  #14 5/14/22 9:58 PM
Rained out

Jen Kelley (she/her)
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #15 5/14/22 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by wildman92:
Rained out
We were going to head up but the forecast was iffy at best. Hate that they got the predicted rain. How far did they get before the skies opened up?
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #16 5/14/22 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1:
We were going to head up but the forecast was iffy at best. Hate that they got the predicted rain. How far did they get before the skies opened up?
Not very far. We had a great pre game in honor of the Cowboy. Carson Garrett, dad and crew got to enjoy some Dewigs BBQ. They are some awesome folks and were favorites of Jim. He’d be happy even tho the race got rained out. I’ll get a shirt from you next race!

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
4 Likes: Dougherty20, luckybuc97, racenut69, wildman92
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #17 5/14/22 11:34 PM
Wouldn’t surprise me if Jim did this on purpose, just so we could do it again.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
3 Likes: oppweld, racenut69, wildman92
wildman92 (Online)
  #18 5/15/22 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
Good opportunity for a first time winner at TSS!
So much for that. Mother Nature is definitely a repeat winner. Wonder how much she’s doped her tires.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
2 Likes: oppweld, racenut69
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #19 5/15/22 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by wildman92:
So much for that. Mother Nature is definitely a repeat winner. Wonder how much she’s doped her tires.
Only 1 outta 4 found this to be true

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
3 Likes: Al Pierce, racenut69, wildman92
ronmil (Offline)
  #20 5/15/22 1:25 AM
Due to my late night at Bloomington, I required some extra time to rest up and I arrived a little after 3:00 and the race car haulers were lined up preventing access to the front parking lot.
I went ahead and marked seats on the backstretch.
After returning to my car, I called Amy Mead and jokingly asked if I could get a to go plate delivered to my car on the backstretch parking area.
Lo and behold, I was sent a marvelous plate of ribs, pork sandwich, salad, veggies and even dessert.
I very much enjoyed it, and it reminded me of the many times Jim and I searched out and enjoyed barbecue during our trips to the races.
A fitting tribute to the man who enjoyed auto racing and good food, especially barbecue, so much.

Ron Miller
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, luckybuc97, oppweld, TNRustler, TQ29m, wildman92