IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WARNING!!!! about scalesprints.com website
3/20/12, 11:45 AM   #1
WARNING!!!! about scalesprints.com website
darnall

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To anybody who has never been on the website SCALESPRINTS.COM

Don't do it...don't type it in your address bar.....don't click on a link to it... you will catch a virus that makes you completely lose track of time, a virus that makes you forget about the outside world, your family, your dog, your job, etc etc...this virus will cause you to stay up til 4 in the morning which will make you worthless at work the next day...

The homepage is almost manageable but whatever you do stay away from the message board...so many topics, so many pictures, so much info and advice that you can't possibly ingest all of it but you can't stop trying..

I speak from experience...I made the mistake of going to that site last nite..my wife is mad that I didn't come to bed...she suspects that I was looking at sites that are much more "adult" than a sprintcar model building site...I feel like death today at work....

BUT OH BOY WAS IT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for my next fix...1 hit and I'm addicted....Having built hundreds of sprintcar models in my teen years I am amazed at the quality of work displayed...I am amazed at the variety of custom parts available and how much work it takes to make them. I am pretty sure i will be online tonight ordering a few kits so I can start trying to make models worthy of being shown on that site.

Seriously......Amazing site Joe...all of the guys who post on there are super talented and have inspired me to dive back into a hobby that kept me occupied for many hours as a kid while my buddies were out drinking and partying...

When you guys who have yet to see the site get a couple of free minutes, or hours, or weeks, get on there and check some of that stuff out...you're going to be amazed.

3/20/12, 6:52 PM   #2
Re: WARNING!!!! about scalesprints.com website
Joe@ScaleSprints

Man you had me FREAKING OUT!!! I was like what the heck is wrong with my site??? LOL SHEW! Thanks for the compliments, I'll make sure the guys see this thread. It's pretty awesome that we have members from all over the US, Australia, New Zealand and more. I like saying Im "known" on 2 continents! haha

And yes, the guys on the site are crazy talented. Its pretty cool to see us all kind of push each other to the next level of building. The aftermarket has gotten big as well. A lot of photoetch/brass stuff and a lot of resin stuff out there both here in the US and in AUS. Some of the guys build chassis's from scratch, starting out with nothing more than some sticks of 1/16" plastic rod and turning them into MASTERPIECES.

Then you throw my crazy self in the mix with making decals so that we can all try in build the cars we watch or even used to watch years ago into small plastic cars. Heres a couple links to some INSANE builds.....

Dan Drinan Silver Crown car in 1/24 by Clay K.
http://public.fotki.com/ClayK/short_...n_usac_silver/

J.J Yeley MOPAR in 1/24 by Clay as well.
http://public.fotki.com/ClayK/short_...ac_sprint_car/

Kevin Swindell's MOPAR car by my buddy Lou S.
http://www.scalesprints.com/forum/vi...php?f=8&t=1082

Thanks again for the kind words. We really love our little community/corner of the web to play with plastic sprint cars.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, racegal
3/20/12, 10:36 PM   #3
flatout

Holy schnikeys.....that site is addicting!!! Some incredible work posted up on the site.

3/21/12, 10:15 AM   #4
darnall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@ScaleSprints View Post
Dan Drinan Silver Crown car in 1/24 by Clay K.
http://public.fotki.com/ClayK/short_...n_usac_silver/

J.J Yeley MOPAR in 1/24 by Clay as well.
http://public.fotki.com/ClayK/short_...ac_sprint_car/

Kevin Swindell's MOPAR car by my buddy Lou S.
http://www.scalesprints.com/forum/vi...php?f=8&t=1082

Thanks again for the kind words. We really love our little community/corner of the web to play with plastic sprint cars.
Oh wow...thanks for posting those particular pics...I hadn't seen them yet...freakin crazy...I can't fathom that kind of detail in such a small scale...the Drinan car...insane...so much custom/from scratch work...the Swindell car....are you serious?...shock rubbers/bumpers on the shafts?....good lord.

3/21/12, 10:58 AM   #5
ThrowbackRacingTeam

I've just been infected! Now I'm running late for work.

3/21/12, 2:08 PM   #6
El1teBr33ze

Ridiculous talent. Definitely a must see for any race fan and/or hobbyist!

3/21/12, 8:11 PM   #7
Joe@ScaleSprints

Just a quick note. NONE of this would have happened if it hadn't been for my dad. He built a lot of models when I was growing up. I have a VERY distinct memory of 4 winged sprint car models setting on a card table after he finished building them. Heck I must have been 7-8 years old tops. I know modeling isnt near as big now as it was say 20 years ago, but its something I sure hope is still around as my kids get older and I can get them involved to.

So, if you go clinically insane from being on ScaleSprints to much....... blame my dad!!! Its ALL HIS FAULT! LOL

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WARNING!!!! about scalesprints.com website