IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
wildman92 (Offline)
  #1 8/22/16 10:57 PM
For those of you familiar with Bloomington Speedway, you'll remember Chuck. He was the best PR guy they had. He was always walking around or driving the golf cart, talking to everyone. He loved swinging by turn 4 to talk to us - ok, mostly Sam - each week.

Last Friday they asked for prayers for Chuck and I was worried about what was going on.

RIP Chuck, you will be missed. 🏁

http://www.allencares.com/m/obituari...Welsh/Memories

Jen Kelley (she/her)
11 Likes: Amzie, Dirtfan, DirtHawk92, dshort36, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, mlamb, racefan20, ronmil, Slidejob71, WinglessLovers
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #2 8/23/16 6:25 AM
Sad news RIP Chuck
2 Likes: wildman92, WinglessLovers
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #3 8/23/16 7:02 AM
I had the pleasure to interact with Chuck for several years when he worked for Yellow Freight Systems, he always came through the door with a big smile, a handshake and always ask how are you doing today. He'll be missed by many.
Rest in Peace Chuck.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, dshort36, mlamb, wildman92
Great Scott (Offline)
  #4 8/23/16 8:47 AM
I first met Chuck when he drove for Yellow Freight also. He was such a great guy to deal with. He was even better in his role with Bloomington Speedway. Sure gonna miss him. RIP
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, wildman92
ronmil (Offline)
  #5 8/23/16 3:33 PM
I checked his Facebook page after hearing the prayer request at the track, and was saddened to see that he had passed away. I had many conversations with him at the track; he was such a friendly man and did a great job with the track. He will definitely be missed; RIP, Chuck!

Ron Miller
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #6 8/23/16 4:10 PM
Chuck was the heart and soul of that track for quite a few years. The track lost some of that "family" feel when he left and it hasn't been quite the same since.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
4 Likes: mlamb, racefan20, ronmil, wildman92