IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #1 4/24/22 12:32 PM
If you get a chance to watch last nights Port Royal feature. DO SO. It's on Floracing and if you can't watch the highlights.

Wow, Just wow.

Charles Nungester
11 Likes: 95KART, BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, flagboy55, Ken Bonnema, mc/rider, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, PJ Wright, racefan20, WinglessLovers
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #2 4/24/22 12:46 PM
Yes, Charles it was. We watched it during the night at Lincoln Park on my wife's phone and it was money's worth for sure!!! There were several people looking over our shoulders and they commented that it was spectacular.

Bruce Eckel
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, flagboy55, PJ Wright, tirespinner
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #3 4/24/22 2:55 PM
As you all attested, the race was OUTSTANDING! It’s really hard to complain about the quality of racing in any major Sprint Car series right now. As a person who has never been a wing hater, and bought my Flo subscription for USAC, just think of the value of that now. USAC, Allstars alone are worth $150 a year by themselves but you get them both, not mention IRA, and USAC/CRA among plenty more.
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, Dirt Track Cowboy, erich45, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, WinglessLovers
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #4 4/24/22 4:09 PM
Which race were you talking about? I thought the All Star and the USAC races were both good. The PA guys sure dominated the All Star race. Macri is really good right now. Saw a tour of his shop on Flo. They had a lot of cars. I think it was like 7 complete cars, and more ready to be assembled. It was pretty impressive.
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #5 4/24/22 7:07 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
As you all attested, the race was OUTSTANDING! It’s really hard to complain about the quality of racing in any major Sprint Car series right now. As a person who has never been a wing hater, and bought my Flo subscription for USAC, just think of the value of that now. USAC, Allstars alone are worth $150 a year by themselves but you get them both, not mention IRA, and USAC/CRA among plenty more.
Same as you, I bought Flo for USAC and started watching ASCoC just because it was there. I have become a fan and watch every race. I still default to USAC, but toggle over to ASCoC during track prep and support class. Last nights ASCoC feature was one of the best races I've seen in a while.

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
5 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Dirt Track Cowboy, erich45, PIT CART, tirespinner
  #6 4/25/22 7:57 AM
Not bad for a weeks work
And that's just PA racing
.@AnthonyMacri7
's 6 410 Sprint Car wins in the last 7 races have been worth $38,088!

$5,500 at Williams Grove 4/15
$4,000 at Port Royal 4/16
$7,500 at Bridgeport 4/20
$6,000 at Bloomsburg 4/21
$10,000 at Port Royal 4/23
$5,088 at Selinsgrove 4/24

Charles Nungester
6 Likes: Bostonian, BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, Dirt Track Cowboy, TQ29m, WinglessLovers
TQ29m (Offline)
  #7 4/25/22 8:07 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Not bad for a weeks work
And that's just PA racing
.@AnthonyMacri7
's 6 410 Sprint Car wins in the last 7 races have been worth $38,088!

$5,500 at Williams Grove 4/15
$4,000 at Port Royal 4/16
$7,500 at Bridgeport 4/20
$6,000 at Bloomsburg 4/21
$10,000 at Port Royal 4/23
$5,088 at Selinsgrove 4/24
And what was the cost to produce this amount?

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, tirespinner
DaleDuBois (Offline)
  #8 4/25/22 8:37 AM
I'd say that the one's winning the races are spending more than what they could win on any race they go to. Not every Sprint can racer has the money to run with the one's who could win. Mostly the top 10 in all of the races are spending more to win than they can win. This makes for lots of also rans who just run for the fun of racing which is also plenty expensive for having fun. I see that the 305's are gaining racers from being burnt out racing with the big dogs. I also see that some of the 305's are very fast and could give a 410 a good race when the track slicks off. There are engine builders out there that can make a 305 engine very fast if the racer wants to pay the price. So it is a never ending thing of spending money to go fast.
  #9 4/25/22 9:09 AM
Originally Posted by TQ29m:
And what was the cost to produce this amount?
As another pointed out, there is a video on Flo of Macri's shop with at least six cars complete. You gotta guess for top equipment its about a hundred grand a car 5-7 races between motor rebuilds Hauler, Probably crew chief gets over a hundred grand and a percentage. So no, A driver making 40-50% couldn't fund a team. The Team couldn't fund itself it it got the full winnings but winning, they are actually losing less than everyone else who didn't.

But for a driver if he gets half, seventeen grand in two weekends is darn good. And no plane ticket or hotel stays required.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: Bostonian, TQ29m
revjimk (Offline)
  #10 4/25/22 3:51 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
As another pointed out, there is a video on Flo of Macri's shop with at least six cars complete. You gotta guess for top equipment its about a hundred grand a car 5-7 races between motor rebuilds Hauler, Probably crew chief gets over a hundred grand and a percentage. So no, A driver making 40-50% couldn't fund a team. The Team couldn't fund itself it it got the full winnings but winning, they are actually losing less than everyone else who didn't.

But for a driver if he gets half, seventeen grand in two weekends is darn good. And no plane ticket or hotel stays required.
I have no clue about expenses, but Macri didn't have to travel far for all those wins, so maybe his team did OK financially?
2 Likes: flagboy55, PIT CART