IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I have to do it
10/18/20, 11:26 AM   #1
I have to do it
TQ29m

I know it's not acceptable to mention other forms of racing on here, but I gotta give credit where I feel it's due. I know I'm not the only one that watched the Xfinity race last night, so, did Briscoe lay a whooping on them boys or what? He missed "the big one" at least twice, and after every yellow, within less then 10 laps he had at least a 2 second lead on 2nd place, now in my mind, he is in it for the love of it, he has talent, his Dad had talent, sprint cars was where they learned it, and I'm gonna watch Chase Briscoe when ever I can, the big boy's don't have anything to show him. Go man go!

10/20/20, 12:02 AM   #2
Re: I have to do it
jdull99

GREAT post...everything about Briscoe is spot on! I agree wholeheartedly (while also wondering, if he goes to the 14, what will Ford do with this Xfinity program? They only have had two supported cars in the series this year...and they have been basically out of Trucks for a while...BUT I understand their business situation has been different than GM & TRD)

BUT, its a shame the (unofficial) "forum police" have created a situation that a post like this has to be prefaced with a disclaimer to validate it being shared. Sad. I hope IoW doesn't ever go away (like a forum many of us used to go on: midget madness; basically has)...if it pertains to drivers, cars, teams, series, etc that have competed in Indiana (or surrounding states) at any point; there should be no issue with one sharing their thoughts.

Pretty bad people who have an interest in watching dare devils tackle treacherous tracks in high speed cars, supported by motivated (many times) high energy do-it yourselfer crewman and car owners/sponsors risking tons of money; are so easily offended they are quick to play keyboard warrior...while a post such as yours has created over 700 views and 31 likes (at the time I wrote this...); should be welcomed by all and encouraged to keep the traffic on the site...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 10/20/20 at 12:03 AM.

10/20/20, 12:32 AM   #3
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Cool to see Briscoe get a shot in the Stewart-Hass Racing #14 car

ALSO

Seen where Kyle Larson was reinstated today. Wonder where he will land. My guess is at Hendrick Motorsports.

10/20/20, 9:18 AM   #4
JarrettFarms73

You’ll never get a complaint from me posting about accomplishments of our open wheel drivers in Nascar. I fully support the drivers and their goals. As such, they deserve to be celebrated.

That said, the business office and some of the talking heads is a whole ‘nother thing...

WTG Chase! Good luck in the 14. Smoke couldn’t find a nicer and more deserving young man!

10/20/20, 1:38 PM   #5
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 22

Hopefully Briscoe’s NASCAR money will allow him to start his sprint car team back up.

10/20/20, 10:32 PM   #6
Hubie

The man is a talent for sure. We here in Indiana are super lucky to have so many tracks and clubs. That being said, all I can do is wish him well, for I will never watch "stock car" racing again. It is so boring. I love the engines and some of the technology, but the contrived "racing" and green white checker, playoff's, and "funny cars" have turned me off once and for all. They were always taxi cabs anyway. Open Wheel is where it's at (just ask Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon or any of the multitude of guys who made themselves rich playing in the NAPCAR circus)

and lets not forget the talent we have running in USAC right now. I have been watching for fifty years, and brothers and sisters, it's a bumper crop of talent.

I miss half miles, we don't have enough of them.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, superstock30
10/20/20, 11:23 PM   #7
Tom23

+1 on the half miles, definitely separate the men from the boys

10/21/20, 3:44 PM   #8
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Chase Briscoe on the Dale Jr. download. Do your self a favor and watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcvtGNSCCqo

2 members like this post: JarrettFarms73, luckybuc97
10/21/20, 6:08 PM   #9
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
Chase Briscoe on the Dale Jr. download. Do your self a favor and watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcvtGNSCCqo
Worked as a volunteer for a year+. Mind blown!!!

2 members like this post: mc/rider, nathans1012
10/21/20, 6:20 PM   #10
Slider20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Hopefully Briscoe’s NASCAR money will allow him to start his sprint car team back up.
I don’t believe Chase was funding all of that, and it has since been liquidated. Hopefully he does start up his own now, would love to see it.

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I have to do it