IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chandler updates
5/14/17, 4:44 PM   #11
Re: Chandler updates
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morin Racing 98 View Post
For those of you who have not attended a sprint car race at Chandler Motor Speedway and want to see the track, here is a link to a video of the first 18 laps of last nights race. Good track, a little hard to pass, but a fun place to race!

Congrats to Aric Gentry on the win. Brandon gave him a race but couldn't pull off a pass for the lead.

https://youtu.be/yYglsDXxX8c
What impressed me the most was the number of heads in the stands. You guys will grow your own sprint car fields with just a little time.

5/14/17, 6:23 PM   #12
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder31 View Post
I work with the promoter at Chandler Motor Speedway to schedule special events. Our next Non-Wing race is June 9th. Does anyone have ideas to help us get more sprint cars to Chandler? Track has really come around this year and we want these races to be successful with better car counts. Raising the purse is an option we are thinking about but any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Is Saturday Nights your only option? I mean most Fridays or Sunday's there isn't any Non wing Sprint racing other than Bloomington. The car count has thinned in the last few years and five tracks running for a select amount of cars, There are also several weekends where a couple of those tracks are dark or are running something else like a Mod Special.

5/14/17, 6:40 PM   #13
btg1963

I think they are already running on Friday...

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/14/17, 7:44 PM   #14
thunder31

We run Friday nights at Chandler. We scheduled our non-wing races this year on the night before a race at Tri- State to set guys up for a Southern Indiana weekend if they wanted it.

4 members like this post: Agentry10, Charles Nungester, Simon_says17, tirespinner
5/14/17, 8:53 PM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
We run Friday nights at Chandler. We scheduled our non-wing races this year on the night before a race at Tri- State to set guys up for a Southern Indiana weekend if they wanted it.

Ah, Ok, My mistake. I really don't know the answer. Purse maybe but IDK.

5/14/17, 11:39 PM   #16
Rpracing1

Move Chandler to Middle of Indiana and they will show up.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
5/15/17, 3:36 PM   #17
btg1963

I have heard from a couple of the "old timers" that the track surface at Chandler has been very good the opening two nights. With I-69, you can tow from the south side of Indy to Chandler in around 2 - 2 1/2 hours. Come on down boys and girls! The locals are hungry for some good racing action!

5/16/17, 4:06 AM   #18
bmemmer

I've got some health bills that I'm paying off or I would donate some money but if you guys could find some sponsors to make it happen try paying 1200 to win and 150 to start the A Main. Most drivers that I talk to aren't really worried about what it pays to win as what it pays throughout the field or even start money. If you guys can't pay 1200 to win. Maybe try

And so on whatever you guys have then have a like 150 200 to start. I'm not trying to be a promoter just trying to help you guys out as I live 15 miles away and always support the track as long as I'm not gone to another race. Wish you guys all the best!

2 members like this post: Ambrose36, tirespinner
6/7/17, 4:14 PM   #19
Rpracing1

Quote:
I work with the promoter at Chandler Motor Speedway to schedule special events. Our next Non-Wing race is June 9th. Does anyone have ideas to help us get more sprint cars to Chandler? Track has really come around this year and we want these races to be successful with better car counts. Raising the purse is an option we are thinking about but any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think the 8pm cst start time discourages eastern time zoners as that is already 9pm est start time, and if the evening goes 4 hours or longer, they don't leave until 1am and then 2 to 3 hour travel time to get home, next thing you know the eastern sun is rising.Maybe have a start time of 6:30 pm cst would help?

6/8/17, 2:04 AM   #20
tim kelley

Tow money may help some of the lower budget teams.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chandler updates