IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Nascar fixed another race!
7/27/09, 12:52 PM   #21
Re: Nascar fixed another race!
purvis

[QUOTE=Spud;122205]He has been fast in everything he has run. I wish Smoke would put Juan in a car for the Chili Bowl or a race at Eldora. [QUOTE]

Tony got Montoya a car to run at one of the previous Prelude races and he did a pretty good job with that considering it was the first time he had ever driven a car or on a track anything like that. I believe Montoya would be a consistent front runner if he were running with one of the top teams, NASCAR style racing fits his driving style better than open wheel cars.

7/27/09, 1:48 PM   #22
Onlydirt

Anyone catch JR's comments after he blew up? He said something about now Nascar doesnt have to make up a debris yellow....I dont have the quote, but I laughed my arse off at the comment.

NASCAR = WWE

1 member likes this post: jontheturboguy
7/27/09, 3:12 PM   #23
awnunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud View Post

Now that I have thought about for a few minutes , I'll bet NASCAR would do something to keep a "Mescan" from winning a race. NASCAR does still seem like a bunch of Rednecks to me.

If thats the case they didnt do a very good job of it, He won a road race last year I believe after he took the leader out.

7/27/09, 3:38 PM   #24
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by awnunn View Post
If thats the case they didnt do a very good job of it, He won a road race last year I believe after he took the leader out.
You may be thinking about the Mexico City Busch race a couple years ago when he spun Scott Pruett out of the lead and then won it to boos from Pruett and the crowd.

Spud - Montoya is Columbian and not "Mescan".

7/27/09, 3:53 PM   #25
jontheturboguy

Looks like some body didn't pay their NASCAR fee.

What's a NASCAR fee?

You mean, you actually believe all the teams are legal?

No no - the legal guys are the ones that come to Daytona with a no sponsor car and qualify 22 seconds off the pace.

THATS A LEGAL CAR.

All the rest pay a NASCAR fee.

Mr. Juan Pablo pissed some body off - some where, or forgot to pay his bill.

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
7/27/09, 4:14 PM   #26
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

heard from an employee at the track this may have been the last year for the brickyard. i guess only time will tell.

7/27/09, 4:31 PM   #27
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSneader2 View Post
heard from an employee at the track this may have been the last year for the brickyard. i guess only time will tell.
I highly doubt that is true, even though it isnt usually a good race it is a moneymaker and that is really the only bottom line, especially to the 3 women that run the place now.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/27/09, 4:39 PM   #28
illiniopenwheel

IMS did just fine for how many years by running only the Indy 500? I'd be perfectly happy if they went back to that. :2: The racing is very poor for at IMS with this new COT. Wouldn't bother me a bit if went back to one race per year there.

7/27/09, 5:22 PM   #29
Jim Halpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiniopenwheel View Post
IMS did just fine for how many years by running only the Indy 500? I'd be perfectly happy if they went back to that. :2: The racing is very poor for at IMS with this new COT. Wouldn't bother me a bit if went back to one race per year there.
I realize the tintops aren't going anywhere...but I too would love to see IMS drop NASCAR. I don't mind the MotoGP...those guys are a class act and put on a heck of a show. Would love to see Formula One back...and don't start the F1 bashing...I know 90% of you hate it already. I just feel NASCAR drags the Speedway down a level...the 500, F1, and MotoGP are recognized worldwide as great events that carry a lot of weight in racing circles...NASCAR is a farce to a lot of people...including me. Whoever said that they make the Speedway look worse every year had it dead on...

7/27/09, 5:24 PM   #30
ByronMack

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSneader2 View Post
It was just announced on the news this evening that All-State was dropping their sponsorship. so who knows what will happen next.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Nascar fixed another race!