IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 2015
9/28/14, 6:07 PM   #111
nathan48moore

The car that ran 5th in wheatland against the war group last night was a racesaver 305. He did it coming from the b main. A 2009 Wolfweld with standard pro shocks and a sealed racesaver 305.

2 members like this post: davidm, PIT CART
9/28/14, 6:59 PM   #112
old timer

Sounds like that's the way to go,pull wing off win a few put wing on run Bloomington, run a few woo and mowa races I,m fired up.

9/28/14, 7:41 PM   #113
Re: Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 201
sp6967

why not run racesaver 410, they run them at east missoula montana motor speedway.

9/28/14, 8:31 PM   #114
oldfan49

A bicycle could keep up in the turns at Wheatland LOL

I have pretty much given up on the racing here locally filling my time between trips to Indiana with online subscriptions, MAVTV, and youtube.

Years ago the tracks around here got this same idea that they needed to introduce new classes. Now we get to go watch 5,6,7 classes of cars, many that can't even come up with enough cars for 2 heats. And we get to watch them tippy toe around the huggy pole and eat up a months worth of tires every night. And for the real kicker while making technology and money the big difference the premier classes here run for the same or less money that the support classes run for in Indiana.

All this talk about winged cars in the middle of the country, try and name 3 weekly winged car tracks within a 200 mile radius. I remember when we had to choose between several tracks on any given night before people had to rob a bank to buy all the power and technology they allow you to hook up and priced everyone out and we lost the weekly tracks and most sprint drivers went to IMCA modifieds. The winged cars are so over tired and over winged they have become like watching slot cars on a one slot track.

Now the mods are running into the same issue and guess what, they keep creating new classes over and over because the class they created a few years ago gets too expensive. we have A Mods, B Mods, E Mods, Sport Mods, Midwest Modz, etc.

What makes Indiana racing work in my opinion (which is probably worth little) is that they have 3 or 4 basic classes, a few niche tracks and a few classes that travel and can come in occasionally and give the fans a treat. If there is a rainout you don't have to go hunt up a web site to see if you fit their rules. You call and if they aren't rained out you head out. If USAC or MSCS is running your track and you are an underfunded team and don't feel you are competitive enough to run with them you simply go run another track and make up for the top cars from that track that come to yours to run the special.

And to top it off you have the Lucas Oil Late models, WoO, PowrI and other traveling shows that stop through just often enough to keep them special.

But the reality of it is a weekend trip to Indiana from Kansas is more bang for the buck than going to local racing here because of what happened here and it scares the hell out of me when I hear of people there discussing the same fixes that got us where we are here.
Last edited by oldfan49; 9/28/14 at 8:35 PM.

9/30/14, 10:21 AM   #115
darnall

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindirt View Post
as was already said who's going to tech these things; if they're sealed we won't run like that because we build our own engines; and are they going to continue to run the original class of sprints. if they continue to run the original classic sprints then we'll come from the GasCity area down there to run. since gas city is going to be doing something different. that is the word anyways. but I planned on running the original sprint class next year
THe racesaver package isn't your typical "SEALED" engine class.... to run a racesaver class you acquire an engine in one of many ways...buy a used one ready to go, buy a new one from any motorbuilder, or build one yourself. You have to have the racesaver spec head, and you have to build with components that meet their rules. Once you have an engine complete and ready, you have to take it to a certified racesaver inspector. They will pull the oil pan off, pull the valvecovers off, pull the injector off, check that everything is legal, degree the cam, put it back together and place their seals on it. They then record every bit of info they learned about your motor and put it in a database that matches up with the serial number on your heads. As long as those seals aren't broken your motor is still legal. If the motor has to come apart it has to go back to the inspector to get resealed. So basically the only tech at the track is making sure the seals are in place and making sure you have the same serial number on the heads as when it was inspected.

3 members like this post: buck2, DAD, DaveP63
9/30/14, 10:51 AM   #116
DAD

Sale Sale

This week only "Racesaver Seal Kits" Two for the price of one while supplies last!!!!

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: SWScaleChassis
9/30/14, 1:30 PM   #117
KKinser99

Is there any discussion of purse and payout breakdown for this class? My opinion is it needs to be a minimum of 700 to win. maybe 200 to 250 to start feature.

2 members like this post: Josh Kinser, Kinser5K
9/30/14, 6:19 PM   #118
old timer

This is the quote from the home page of racesaver "the winner between $150 to $300 and the 24th starter $100 to $150. No, that isn't a lot of money, but that is exactly the plan. Big money, brings big problems"

1 member likes this post: buck2
10/1/14, 8:02 AM   #119
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Here is the purse structure the PA Sprint Series uses.

Purse
$3855
1 - $275
2 - $250
3 - $225
4 - $200
5 - $180
6 - $165
7 - $160
8 - $155
9 - $150
10 - $150
11 - $145
12 - $145
13 - $145
14 - $145
15 - $145
16 - $145
17 - $130
18 - $135
19 - $135
20 - $135
21 - $135
22 - $135
23 - $135
24 - $135

1 member likes this post: cmiracingvids
10/1/14, 12:02 PM   #120
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

So winning pays less than hauling the car there, Paying three or four pit passes and fuel in the car.

Other than motor and spec tires. Everything else is the same and same cost as a full up 410 and a couple grand in wings if you crash.

Sounds Legit.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 10/1/14 at 12:03 PM.

4 members like this post: bowbuild, dshort36, Kellen Conover, KKinser99
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 2015