IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Website home for Shane Cottle
1/13/08, 8:09 PM   #1
Website home for Shane Cottle
ThrottleHead

Hi folks.... I just wanted to pass along a few things.

First, most of you know that the temporary website home of the Throttle is http://www.shanecottle.net. This will be for at least the next few weeks. There is a wait on the transfer of shanecottle.com that has kinda gummed up the works. It seems as tho, thru technical reasons on the original registrar side, that there was a 60 day hold on the transfer. This should HOPEFULLY be resolved by the first of February. When it is official the whole website will be moved over to the .com area. If not then the .net site will be home till the .com can be obtained.

Second, Shane's new site will be rolled out in sections. The initial look will show all areas of the site that will be available. There will be functioning areas and some that are not. The site should be fully functional by the February races in Florida. There is some things being done with Flash that need bugs worked out and some minor things sorted out. There is the possibility of having some kind of opening video much like my old ThrottleZone website had. The technology involved can be tedious but can be done. It just takes someone with the capability to learn and do it. Which leads me to....

Third, there is a need for a really cool logo for the page and some video of Shane racing. The main logo at the top is 900x150 pixels. If anyone has ideas or can cook up something for the site that would be greatly appreciated. I had a few folks who helped me out with the Zone site and if it could be done for Shane's that would be AWESOME! Video clips.... those can be put on CD in their actual recorded format and can be mailed to me or uploaded to a storage site and linked so it can retrieve it. It can be converted to the appropriate format for the opening video or for the photo/video section.

And lastly.... yes I'm helping do the site now. I'd like to thank Shane and Danelle for allowing me to help give Shane a web presence he can be proud of. Shane's old website guy Todd did a great job. The site was real good and I went there daily. The plan is to take what he built and move forward with it. I will be working with Shane and Danelle to bring info, photos, videos and all other things to the Cottle fans all around the country! 2008 looks to be a challenging year but also a great one too! Here's to Shane making a run at the 2008 USAC Sprint Car Championship!!!

1/14/08, 7:02 PM   #2
Re: Website home for Shane Cottle
ThrottleHead

Oh I forgot to post an email address for anything website related. It's webadmin@shanecottle.net. And again any logos or videos for the site will be greatly appreciated!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Website home for Shane Cottle