IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Now what USAC?
11/9/18, 3:27 AM   #1
Now what USAC?
yeleyfan76

What does USAC do about Courtney? There has to be a rule about using your car for retaliation on track after the checkers. That would have to be actions detrimental to the sport. The very least is parked for tomorrow nite. I don’t care if it’s the last wknd and he is in the points battle. If USAC is going to make examples out of their drivers for actions detrimental to the sport then Courtney needs to be parked. Let’s see if Spridge, Levi, or Miller has the stones to keep up this charade of an organization that is professional and following their initiative to set down drivers committing acts detrimental to the sport! I bet they do nothing. Would love to be wrong but I know better. USAC proving to be second rate if they do nothing about this.

11/9/18, 5:11 AM   #2
Re: Now what USAC?
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Explaination to what happened please

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
11/9/18, 7:09 AM   #3
BrentTFunk

Can you name sources? Seems you have an ax to grind, again.

5 members like this post: D.N.3, mc/rider, opnwhlmnd, PJ Wright, tirespinner
11/9/18, 8:18 AM   #4
addictedtodirt

Yeleyfan is a passionate fan like a lot of us. I look forward to hearing his further explanation of what he saw last night. I couldn't make it to CA and the damn USAC app cuts out about every 3to 5 minutes so I missed the extra curricular events last night.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
11/9/18, 8:29 AM   #5
otgracing17

It’s a fine that doubles every time you run into someone under yellow or after the checkers. They say it during the drivers meeting every week.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, captrat, jim goerge, tirespinner
11/9/18, 11:35 AM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Used to be a five knuckle sammich. But that was then..........

11/9/18, 11:56 AM   #7
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Used to be a five knuckle sammich. But that was then..........
There is a tad bit of logic there, and I may be comparing apples to watermelons here (not knowing what happened) but ever since the Tony Stewart-Kevin Ward incident, any type of retaliation with a vehicle has to come under severe penalty by the sanctioning body - in any series. In a case where a vehicle is used, ask yourself, "What is the worse thing that could happen?" Well, it could very well escalate into that.

But, until we know the details..... here we ponder.

11/9/18, 12:20 PM   #8
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Can you name sources? Seems you have an ax to grind, again.
My source is me. I was there. Were you??? The kid got beat on the track and then after the checkers took his car and ran over Grant in turn two. That is actions detrimental to the sport. My axe to grind is it’s good for some but not for all. The rule is a fine for what he did but you get suspended for tweeting. Yes I’m calling out everything Brent, Get used to it buddy.

Charles wrote that in the old days it was a knuckle sandwich. I agree with him, but I today’s pc world that can’t happen.

11/9/18, 12:35 PM   #9
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

Pretty sure they say in the pit meeting and over the raceceiver that it's a $$$ fine with the potential for disqualification for any car to car altercations after the race is completed.

That's going off memory, not facts in a rule book.

2 members like this post: blakesleyl, minispeed
11/9/18, 12:43 PM   #10
Cage Faraday

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
My source is me. I was there. Were you??? The kid got beat on the track and then after the checkers took his car and ran over Grant in turn two. That is actions detrimental to the sport. My axe to grind is it’s good for some but not for all. The rule is a fine for what he did but you get suspended for tweeting. Yes I’m calling out everything Brent, Get used to it buddy.

Charles wrote that in the old days it was a knuckle sandwich. I agree with him, but I today’s pc world that can’t happen.
I agree with you, if they're gonna lower the boom for tweeting, then surely using your car after the race has concluded as a weapon, should be considered serious. If they have a rule on it already, like has been stated by others, then impose whatever penalty is prescribed therein.
Last edited by Cage Faraday; 11/9/18 at 1:13 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Now what USAC?