IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > fairbury races
10/2/18, 10:43 PM   #1
fairbury races
copper14

weather for Chicago area Friday and Saturday.storms.fairbury is about 100 miles sw of Chicago.just saying

10/2/18, 10:53 PM   #2
Re: fairbury races
kdobson

I'm going to take a chance here and assume that you really don't know Fairbury was cancelled last week due to the threat of rain and not just trolling on Fairbury's cancellation. The MOWA portion of the show has been moved to Jacksonville Friday/Saturday. The War portion is at Jacksonville Friday and then joins the All Stars in Kokomo Saturday for the WAR Wildcard finale. Hope you can adjust your plans to attend one track or the other this weekend.

10/3/18, 10:37 PM   #3
copper14

yes ken I do know they were called off.people were complaining that calling the races off so long ago was bs.they said weather was an excuse.well guess what,there must be some farmers on the board because the forecast is storms.80% Friday and 60% Saturday.just saying.i was looking forward to running there both nights .

10/3/18, 11:05 PM   #4
Hamby454

They cancelled due to low reserved tickets and competing with other tracks for car count. The show struggled last year due to weather and they didn’t want to risk losing money due to what appeared to be a lack of interest in the event. That being said it was a ******** move and call on the tracks part to do this so far in advance(due to weather) they lied about why they cancelled then came clean later after being blasted on Facebook. They had no desire to run the show and screwed over several racers, fans, and series. I for one will never attend this track due to these circumstances.

3 members like this post: Indy1808, ISF, jim goerge
10/4/18, 12:44 PM   #5
Cage Faraday

I agree and feel the same way. Pathetic low class move. FALS can suck it.

10/4/18, 3:05 PM   #6
JHarris

When you become a promoter or owner you can call the shots. Until then *&&*^()&

2 members like this post: fish, nathans1012
10/4/18, 3:53 PM   #7
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage Faraday View Post
I agree and feel the same way. Pathetic low class move. FALS can suck it.
Let me ask ya.
Have you been to FALS?
That is prime late model country.
They where lucky to have that race last year and it was a decent show.
It's hard to draw open wheel fans there.
I under stand why folks are mad as I was too; as they lied about why they cancelled.
When their schedule was released and then I saw the Kokomo schedule when it was released even before the season started I had reservations about that show at FALS after seeing the All Stars where at Kokomo along with the non-wing sprints that night less then 130 miles away.
It would have been hard to draw a full field and not a whole lot of fans in the stands.
The track is the best racing in Illinois when it's right.
They definitely need to work on their PR skills though so that b.s. doesn't happen again
They should thought about it first.
They made a mistake.
You telling me you haven't made a mistake in your life time.
At least they fessed up to it.
I rather have a track staff fess up to a mistake then ones that keep lying to you over and over again.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
10/4/18, 4:41 PM   #8
Midget98

The Fairbury website still is blaming weather for the cancellation. Not sure where the acknowledgement of trying pass this B.S. was but nothing changed on their website from their initial cancellation notice due to rain forecast two weeks ahead of time. Maybe they'll get lucky and it'll actually rain so they can claim to be clairvoyant and have a little less stink on themselves.

10/4/18, 4:55 PM   #9
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by midget98 View Post
the fairbury website still is blaming weather for the cancellation. Not sure where the acknowledgement of trying pass this b.s. Was but nothing changed on their website from their initial cancellation notice due to rain forecast two weeks ahead of time. Maybe they'll get lucky and it'll actually rain so they can claim to be clairvoyant and have a little less stink on themselves.
you do realize they have a facebook page. They haven't updated the website.
It came from facebook - track staff.

10/4/18, 5:41 PM   #10
Cage Faraday

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
Let me ask ya.
Have you been to FALS?
That is prime late model country.
They where lucky to have that race last year and it was a decent show.
It's hard to draw open wheel fans there.
I under stand why folks are mad as I was too; as they lied about why they cancelled.
When their schedule was released and then I saw the Kokomo schedule when it was released even before the season started I had reservations about that show at FALS after seeing the All Stars where at Kokomo along with the non-wing sprints that night less then 130 miles away.
It would have been hard to draw a full field and not a whole lot of fans in the stands.
The track is the best racing in Illinois when it's right.
They definitely need to work on their PR skills though so that b.s. doesn't happen again
They should thought about it first.
They made a mistake.
You telling me you haven't made a mistake in your life time.
At least they fessed up to it.
I rather have a track staff fess up to a mistake then ones that keep lying to you over and over again.
No I've never been to FALS, but it WAS on my bucket list. I am aware of their DLM connection, I am from a DLM background and area.

Have I ever made a mistake? YES.
Have I ever lied? YES.
Have I ever stolen anything? YES.
Worshiping other gods? NOPE.
Murder? NO.
Drugs? NO.
Adultery? YES, but only in my heart, not in the flesh(though Biblically they are equal) and I already confessed to that too. LOL.

Now that I've cleared my conscience I feel better. Thankyou. Now as to FALS attempt at deception, while its not the end of the world, what makes it bad was how lame and transparent it was. I am glad they at least gave Casey 2 weeks to regroup, but I am, like a lot of others, extremely disappointed. I want so much for non-wing sprints to grow and thrive, but I understand business too and you have to make money. I did not realize that Kokomo and FALS were only 130 miles apart, but even so WAR has a lot of dedicated teams on their tour, so I don't think the car count would've been a big issue.

Fans on the other hand may have been affected, but I'm not from that area so I don't know how that all shakes out up there. If I was overly harsh in my criticism I apologize. I haven't seen their FB page, I don't do FB anymore,
but over on 4M one of the Ex-FALS employees is trying to convince everyone the reason they backed out is because WAR owed them(FALS) money, which I DO NOT BELIEVE. So my harshness was as a result of that line of BS. Please take my jokes as they were intended, in fun, I mean you no disrespect.

2 members like this post: ISF, oppweld
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > fairbury races