Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > fairbury races
10/4/18, 6:52 PM   #11
Re: fairbury races
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
you do realize they have a facebook page. They haven't updated the website.
It came from facebook - track staff.
From a week ago on the press release thread on Facebook

"Fairbury American Legion Speedway Listen people. All parties were involved in the decision for canceling the race. There are a couple races that tracks scheduled that we did not see that are running the same weekend as us. Chances of rain had a little part of why we cancelled but we can’t take a chance on losing a lot of money like we did last year. Reserved seating and camping were down drastically from last year. I’m sorry that we came to this conclusion but it was a business decision by all parties involved not just FALS! Sorry!!!"

So it is exactly what prior posts said. Someone with FALS had a short circuit and everyone went along with it thinking they could blame weather and walk away without back lash and lost trust.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, nathans1012
10/4/18, 10:31 PM   #12
copper14

fals is a neat place.as you come into town you are greeted by a huge picture of a dlm.the track is at the end of a residential street.they try hard to run a good show.we ran there with the ira wing cars and really enjoyed it.sorry it didn't work out this year but we will go back.

2 members like this post: jonboat15, PJ Wright
10/4/18, 11:35 PM   #13
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper14 View Post
fals is a neat place.as you come into town you are greeted by a huge picture of a dlm.the track is at the end of a residential street.they try hard to run a good show.we ran there with the ira wing cars and really enjoyed it.sorry it didn't work out this year but we will go back.
It's not out of the question that you may not have a chance to go back. As badly as this deal was botched and the out and out lying that took place who can possibly trust them to schedule a show in good faith again? I know I can't, and I live less than an hour from the place and I have been a crew member and attended as a spectator easily over 100 times. Never have seen anything like this from Fairbury.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
10/5/18, 5:39 PM   #14
jonboat15

I went to FALS last year on the first day of my 11 day midwest midget racing vacation. It was a very long drive but well worth it. I was trying to find the track and the locals were just super friendly in helping me. Everyone I met at the track was pleasant and the action on the track was jaw dropping for a newbie to the wingless scenes of Illinios and Indiana.
I hope to make another trip like that in 2020 and I hope I get to go to FALS again

1 member likes this post: PJ Wright
10/6/18, 2:28 AM   #15
btg1963

I think all the guys and gals were sitting at the American Legion in Fairbury, drinkin’ a few cold ones, and someone said “HOLY CRAP!!! We were IDIOTS scheduling an OPEN WHEEL race the same weekend PEVELY is hosting the UMP Fall Nationals!” Fairbury’s track and fan base go way back to the origins of UMP. Probably scared them to death. Great track, great fans, and great ownership history. I’m disappointed as anyone for their decision, but I do understand. I really think this had nothing to do with Kokomo running the same night. WAR and MOWA would have had plenty of cars for the show.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > fairbury races