IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS Acquires FAST Series
10/5/18, 6:28 PM   #1
BOSS Acquires FAST Series
sprinter14

Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series

By Brian Liskai

FREMONT, Ohio – Aaron Fry, who created the Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series in 2011, has assumed ownership of the FAST 410 Championship Series.

FAST began in 2009 under Bryan Autullo, Scott Porter and Chris Kettman, sprint car fans who wanted to bring more recognition and funds to the teams that raced weekly at Attica Raceway Park and Fremont Speedway – thus the FAST acronym stood for Fremont Attica Sprint Title.

Fremont Speedway Promoter Rich Farmer took over the FAST series in 2014 and expanded it to include a few other tracks and changed the name to simply FAST Championship Series.

“I have always had a very good working relationship with Aaron and the BOSS series,” said Farmer. “They have always lived up to their promises and Aaron has the same goal as I have had….to do what’s best for the sport of sprint car racing. BOSS and FAST are both series for the working man. Aaron and his team will continue the great progress we’ve made with FAST.”

“I want to thank Paul Kistler and Kistler Racing Products for throwing his support behind the creation of FAST and for Bob Williams of All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads who continued that support the past couple of years and every one of the fantastic marketing partners who made the series work. I also want to thank all the teams, tracks and fans for their support of FAST over the past 10 years,” added Farmer.

Farmer recently announced he was stepping away as the promoter of Fremont Speedway after 11 years, citing increasing time demands for his growing businesses which include six NAPA Auto Parts stores, a limousine and party bus company and a real estate company. That prompted his discussions with Fry to take over FAST.

“I’m honored to be chosen by Rich to carry on the FAST name and we plan to do our best to make him, the marketing partners and the teams proud to be associated with BOSS/FAST,” Fry said.

BOSS has been and will continue in 2019 to be a non-winged sprint car series. Fry added three winged BOSS events in 2018 as a test which proved to be highly successful with 27 cars at Atomic Speedway near Chillicothe, Ohio; 26 cars at Gas City I-69 Speedway in Gas City, Ind.; and 29 cars at Montpelier Motor Speedway in Montpelier, Ind.

“We recognize the great tradition of winged sprint car racing in the Ohio, Indiana and Pennsylvania region. When we created BOSS we did so to give more racers the option to compete. BOSS has grown every year in terms of the number of competitors and tracks and it only made sense to take a look at a regional winged series,” said Fry, who is a former winged sprint car driver.

Fry said he will keep the FAST Championship Series name.

“It’s grown to be a recognizable name with great marketing partners and teams….we have no plans to change that,” he said.

Fry said he is aiming for 20-25 FAST Championship Series events in 2019 targeting tracks in all of Ohio, Eastern Indiana and possibly a swing through Pennsylvania. He said the BOSS non-wing series will once again plan 20-25 races as well in the same regions.

“We will work with Rich and the existing marketing partners and we plan to have a FAST point fund for at least the top 10 teams depending on how much sponsorship is obtained,” Fry said.

“With the three winged races BOSS held this past year we have gotten a lot of inquiries from tracks and joining forces now with FAST will open that up to more possibilities. We will, however, stick to the core of BOSS and FAST and that’s to have a series for the weekend racers. Our goal is to keep this fun for the race teams and fans,” Fry added.

As for the JLH General Contractor FAST 305 Championship Series, Farmer said he is contemplating it’s future and no decision has yet to be made.

- Brian Liskai

10/5/18, 9:18 PM   #2
MIracing

This is great news! Thanks for all you do, Aaron! Its hard to find anyone with a bad thing to say about Boss or Aaron Fry.
Last edited by MIracing; 10/5/18 at 11:02 PM.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, sprinter14
10/5/18, 10:06 PM   #3
Re: BOSS Acquires FAST Series
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter14 View Post
Fry said he is aiming for 20-25 FAST Championship Series events in 2019 targeting tracks in all of Ohio, Eastern Indiana and possibly a swing through Pennsylvania. He said the BOSS non-wing series will once again plan 20-25 races as well in the same regions.
Hopefully FAST and the All Stars will have a nice working relationship from here on out and not try and double up dates.

And maybe..... just maybe..... the All Stars will now be back at Fremont?

3 members like this post: btg1963, PIT CART, sprinter14
10/6/18, 12:42 AM   #4
btg1963

Did I miss it in the article? Who is taking over Fremont?

10/6/18, 6:03 AM   #5
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by btg1963 View Post
I believe it's one of the fair board members.

1 member likes this post: btg1963
10/6/18, 1:17 PM   #6
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by btg1963 View Post
You are right. That was not in the post. I was just looking at the angle with Farmer no longer promoting, maybe the new promoters (BOSS) will gloss over the tiff between the All Stars and Fremont and an agreement can be reached. The only vested interest I have in it is Ohio Sprint Speedweek and the possibility of the All Stars returning to Fremont. It is not like I go to Fremont on a regular basis, though.

Just an angle to look at and possibly pursue, that is all.

10/6/18, 11:05 PM   #7
treecitytornado

If the FAST 305s remain in existence, it would be great to convert them to actual IMCA RACESAVER Heads & Rules.

2 members like this post: Jim Gardner, sjracer26
10/7/18, 11:28 AM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Im happy for Aaron and know he will be successful. This guy is a promotor who don't only know his racers and talks and listens, But also most of the regular fans, Always has a minute to chat, Will come sit and chat with ya at shows that he is at and not promoting. He really loves this sport.

And it's not whining and I think he know's Im nothing but a supporter of him and BOSS. Have been since before most of you ever watched a BOSS show.

My concern is if it will affect non wing positively or negatively, I really have no interest in Winged racing and the only one I actually went too for it was the double feature Sprint Week night at Atomic. However if NW were included in some shows. I might make it.

I could be completely baseless, But I feel this year suffered to get some wing dates. Instead of making about 8+ Boss races I've made two with another on for Montpelier (Lord please don't let it rain)

Good luck Aaron Fry. See you at the races.

3 members like this post: PJ Wright, scottyCbus, sprinter14
10/8/18, 10:50 AM   #9
sjracer26

Race Count Last Year: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
If the FAST 305s remain in existence, it would be great to convert them to actual IMCA RACESAVER Heads & Rules.
This would be great, I wonder if anyone is engaging the promoters of the Racesaver classes in Ohio, Indiana, and Western PA?

1 member likes this post: treecitytornado
10/8/18, 12:50 PM   #10
revjimk

So FAST will stay winged 410s, right?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS Acquires FAST Series