IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fairbury???
9/25/18, 10:52 PM   #21
btg1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdobson View Post
To answer question number 1 btg1963. No.

Speaking for MOWA, there were a few unsubstantiated rumblings coming out of LaSalle Sunday about this being a possibility... through the day Monday the noise grew a little bit. We (MOWA) got pretty solid word late Monday night. I'm not taking sides here or stirring - but just trying to answer your question. I can say there was no involvement from MOWA or IRA in the decision to cancel this.
Thanks for the heads up Mr. Dobson!

1 member likes this post: oppweld
9/25/18, 10:54 PM   #22
cshuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by btg1963 View Post
I think many of you are giving Kokomo too many props here. Just a few questions here....

1) Has Kokomo ever hosted a WAR race?
2) Wasn’t the intention of the bonus to showcase three of the best WAR tracks?
3) WAR has run the first two legs of this challenge against some pretty big shows. Car counts were fine at each. Why would running against Kokomo be a problem?

I wonder two things that make more sense to me.

1) I wonder if the IRA’s group and possibly MOWA is hesitant to run at a facility with an opening in the wall going into a turn after two fatalities in two months?
2) I wonder if Bell is footing the entire $20K bonus or if the tracks had to contribute?
The bonus is an insurance policy that has nothing to do with the track. WAR, nor Bell had anything to do with the cancellation. We will have more information on rescheduling these races tomorrow.

9/25/18, 11:06 PM   #23
btg1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
The bonus is an insurance policy that has nothing to do with the track. WAR, nor Bell had anything to do with the cancellation. We will have more information on rescheduling these races tomorrow.
Thanks for the info Casey! Many of us will be supporting this event wherever you reschedule it. I stated on the Cummins post that I feel you should schedule the event on a track to highlight your series regulars. Good luck with you as you solidify the event.

5 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, cshuman, illinifan, jim goerge, oppweld
9/26/18, 12:01 AM   #24
Re: Fairbury???

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

well to be fair I just checked accuweather forecast
fri oct 5th plenty of sunshine hi 71 low 41 precipitation chance 2%
sat oct 6th cloudy hi 66 low 46 precipitation chance 2%

maybe a bit chilly but wouldn't stop me

4 members like this post: jim goerge, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART
9/26/18, 1:36 PM   #25
Re: Fairbury???
captrat

I agree the stated reason for cancelling lacks credibility, however, the problem I see is that we have too many venues basically vying for the same participants and fans. We just don't seem to realized this alphabet soup of organizations and track promoters scheduling similar events against one another can have long term negative consequences.

9/26/18, 2:03 PM   #26
cshuman

But to also be fair, if you worried about not scheduling on top of other similar races, you would probably not actually have many races. The closest race was 160 miles away in another state.

This race was scheduled last year on this weekend specifically because there was very little going on at other places. This year there were two other races scheduled on the same night.
Last edited by cshuman; 9/26/18 at 2:04 PM.

9/26/18, 9:53 PM   #27
ThrowbackRacingTeam

The opening in the wall had absolutely nothing to do with Hodnett's death. His crash was no where near an opening. It's on you tube see for yourself.

9/26/18, 10:01 PM   #28
ryan84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
The opening in the wall had absolutely nothing to do with Hodnett's death. His crash was no where near an opening. It's on you tube see for yourself.
Dude seriously WTH?

9/26/18, 10:02 PM   #29
on_the_edge

Quote:
Not sure why you are talking about the crash here on this thread, but if you searched YouTube and watched the video labeled his crash, that was a video from Williams Grove earlier this year not the crash from BAPS, which I'm assuming will never be shown. Anyway back to the Fairbury debate.

9/26/18, 10:26 PM   #30
btg1963

Quote:
I assume this post is in regards to the questions I posted last night. Ken Dobson from MOWA responded to my question. The track at Fairbury was not questioned by the sanctioning bodies.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fairbury???