IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Cummins
9/25/18, 11:23 AM   #11
Re: Kyle Cummins
farriswheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan84 View Post
Surely Kyle will be at TSS for the War race the next weekend.
Of course he will be. However, that's not the same opportunity that was initially offered. Let's just hope it pours at FALS the weekend of October 5-6, or it's going to be ugly!

3 members like this post: bmemmer, jim goerge, wildman92
9/25/18, 11:49 AM   #12
Midget98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan84 View Post
Well Fairbury just cancelled the race 2 weeks out due to rain...... I guess we'll see where WAR has this race now? Maybe Haubstadt
I'm no expert, but how in the heck can anyone predict the weather that far ahead? By this logic, schedules that are put out before the season should already have rain-outs marked.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, jim goerge
9/25/18, 12:20 PM   #13
flagboy55

I say just add the WAR sanction to the non wing portion of the Allstar race at Kokomo. Talk about an extravaganza!

4 members like this post: bmemmer, Kydehart, oppweld, treecitytornado
9/25/18, 2:14 PM   #14
jim goerge

Since War is already set to be at Haubstadt with MSCS WHY not just run the race there?

9/25/18, 10:54 PM   #15
btg1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
Now that’s a head scratcher.
Amen Jen!

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, wildman92
9/25/18, 10:59 PM   #16
btg1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Since War is already set to be at Haubstadt with MSCS WHY not just run the race there?
Selfishly Jim, I agree! Imagine Tommy and Loris running TV ads promoting Kyle Cummins opportunity for a bonus giving the biggest ever payday at Tri-State. However, I feel strongly that this race should be scheduled at a WAR supported track. If we had ran the WAR race in June, I would be all in, but this “triple crown” should go to a track that has supported the series longer than Tri State if possible.

9/26/18, 4:22 AM   #17
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by btg1963 View Post
Selfishly Jim, I agree! Imagine Tommy and Loris running TV ads promoting Kyle Cummins opportunity for a bonus giving the biggest ever payday at Tri-State. However, I feel strongly that this race should be scheduled at a WAR supported track. If we had ran the WAR race in June, I would be all in, but this “triple crown” should go to a track that has supported the series longer than Tri State if possible.
I can understand what you are saying, what I don"t understand is several on here saying race should be held at Kokomo. I really like Kokomo but I don"t recall them even booking a WAR race, at least Haubstadt did book one which got rained out but got rebooked which even Tom and Loris"s own series don"t have happen very often, I can recall it happening once before at THAT cuz Tom graded the track that day

9/26/18, 7:23 AM   #18
ossuks

JMO, which means zero....This race should be run at a WAR track, a track that supports WAR....on a date that does not allow for all the high budget racers to attend....This WAR series is a solid series for the working, blue collar racer, there are guys there that have the talent to run nationally, but maybe not the $$, or they would rather have a family life, or whatever their circumstance might be.... Also, I would question what the "Insurance" on this opportunity is? My guess would be that the $20,000 was insured with stipulations, so?? And maybe not, maybe someone put up the cash, but that would surprise me....My guess is Casey is trying to make the best choice with what ever cards he has to play? This might be a nightmare for him , or, he might have had a back-up plan all along....hope it goes well , what ever the outcome might be it was a great idea that was backed by good intentions!

5 members like this post: cshuman, jim goerge, Kansasdirtfan, PAW, sprinter31
9/26/18, 8:09 AM   #19
PAW

This race should not be run at Haubstadt nor Kokomo.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, btg1963, kcarm92, RACER99W
9/26/18, 9:37 AM   #20
btg1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
I can understand what you are saying, what I don"t understand is several on here saying race should be held at Kokomo. I really like Kokomo but I don"t recall them even booking a WAR race, at least Haubstadt did book one which got rained out but got rebooked which even Tom and Loris"s own series don"t have happen very often, I can recall it happening once before at THAT cuz Tom graded the track that day
I agree 100% regarding Kokomo Jim. Also, check out my post on the Fairbury topic. Both Casey and Mr. Dobson replied regarding questions I made. The saddest part in all of this is the 3c. The possibility he gets no chance at the $20K.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Cummins