IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fairbury (IL). 10/6 & 10/7 - 410 Wing, 410 Non-Wing, & Mods.
9/5/17, 9:11 PM   #1
Fairbury (IL). 10/6 & 10/7 - 410 Wing, 410 Non-Wing, & Mods.
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Fairbury American Legion Speedway
Fairbury, Illinois

http://www.fairburyspeedway.com

Midwest Open Wheel Association (MOWA) / Interstate Racing Association (IRA) 410 Wing
Lucas Oil POWRi WAR - Wisconsin WingLESS 410 Non-Wing
UMP DIRTcar Modifieds

Friday, October 6th 2017 & Saturday, October 7th 2017
"Sprint Mania FALS Classic"

Friday, October 6th 2017
MOWA / IRA 410 Wing Sprints - $2,000 to win
Lucas Oil POWRi WAR / Wisconsin WingLESS 410 Non-Wing Sprints - $2,000 to win
UMP DIRTcar Modifieds - $750 to win

Saturday, October 7th 2017
MOWA / IRA 410 Wing Sprints - $4,000 to win
Lucas Oil POWRi WAR / Wisconsin WingLESS 410 Non-Wing Sprints - $4,000 to win
UMP DIRTcar Modifieds - $1,000 to win

5 members like this post: chathamracefan, oppweld, SDHill89, Simon_says17, stealth43k
9/6/17, 12:20 AM   #2
chathamracefan

Usac is off that weekend. Would think some of the usac guys would come over for that kind of $.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
9/6/17, 9:43 AM   #3
Re: Fairbury (IL). 10/6 & 10/7 - 410 Wing, 410 Non-Wing, & M
ISF

I really hope this 2 day event goes over well. Fairbury is a well run facility and a great racetrack. October is a very busy time of year for us but we are hoping to make it to this event even if it's only for Saturday night.

As was mentioned previously, with nothing much else going on in the wingless sprint world at that time we may get to see some of the heavy hitters of USAC. Them, along with the Wisconsin guys, could make for a showcase of open wheel competition over here in hard core mud cab country. If they see what full on 410's can do on a bull ring like Fairbury it might convert some of those hardcore DLM fans.

1 member likes this post: Steve Wendel
9/6/17, 1:20 PM   #4
chathamracefan

I'm one of those that shares an equal love for the "mud cabs" as you call them and the open wheel cars. FALS is a premiere track in terms of quality of the racing it puts on. They have also put $ into the facility in the last few years adding nicer restroom facilities & more seating. I have reserved seats for both nights. Would encourage anyone looking for a late season race weekend to head that way.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
9/6/17, 2:44 PM   #5
ISF

I've attended and enjoyed more mud cab races than I have dirt open wheel events by virtue of sheer numbers. We reside less than 45 minutes from Fairbury which puts me in the very heart of hard core dirt late model territory. I enjoy a good DLM show as much as any other form of dirt racing. The difference is that given our proximity to high quality dirt open wheel racing it's impossible to attend them regularly. I mean no disrespect with the term mud cab but it sure gets the local hard core DLM faithful in an uproar, especially at Fairbury. LOL!

I will echo crf's advise on the upcoming FALS Classic Sprintmania at Fairbury. If you can make it you won't be disappointed. Great track to camp at, as well.
Last edited by ISF; 9/7/17 at 2:25 PM.

9/6/17, 10:34 PM   #6
mscs20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
I really hope this 2 day event goes over well. Fairbury is a well run facility and a great racetrack. October is a very busy time of year for us but we are hoping to make it to this event even if it's only for Saturday night.

As was mentioned previously, with nothing much else going on in the wingless sprint world at that time we may get to see some of the heavy hitters of USAC. Them, along with the Wisconsin guys, could make for a showcase of open wheel competition over here in hard core mud cab country. If they see what full on 410's can do on a bull ring like Fairbury it might convert some of those hardcore DLM fans.
I think PowrI/WAR Sprints proved what we can do at FALS back on June 1. It was a great show.

4 members like this post: ISF, oppweld, Simon_says17, Steve Wendel
9/7/17, 7:37 AM   #7
jonboat15

Yes that was a great show, if you have MAV TV the Midget portion of the event will be on at 8am and 3 pm. est. today. June 1 was my first time at Fairbury and its a nice facility and they had a wonderfully prepared racing surface. I hope to go back there someday. I'm sure the October sprint show will be a good one.

2 members like this post: ISF, oppweld
9/7/17, 10:58 AM   #8
copper14

we ran the ira mowa sprint show at fairbury a month ago and agree with everybody.great place to race .great track, pits and the people that run it were great to deal with. they were organized and led you to your pit stall.hope we race there a lot more because its only a hour from home.some late models were pitted by us and they were looking at our cars and they are just like us, racers, so don't call there cars taxis.

9/7/17, 11:01 AM   #9
Simon_says17

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 17

I'd be there if I didn't' have to be a groomsman that weekend. Sacrifices lol.

9/7/17, 2:41 PM   #10
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper14 View Post
some late models were pitted by us and they were looking at our cars and they are just like us, racers, so don't call there cars taxis.
Copper, if you had read post #5 carefully you'd see and understand that no disrespect coming from me is aimed at any type of racecar or the people that drive and crew them. Those dirt late model boys are racers of the highest order. I attend many dirt late model events throughout the season and thoroughly enjoy them, especially at Fairbury.

However, the fandom at Fairbury is fervently closed minded (much like fans at hard core dirt open wheel venue's) towards DLM's and their reaction to their favorite division being referred to as mud taxi's is usually priceless. LOL! Generally there are references made containing phrases peppered with some colorful 4 letter adjectives such as tumble bunnies and push 'em and flip 'em, just to name a couple.
Last edited by ISF; 9/7/17 at 2:47 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fairbury (IL). 10/6 & 10/7 - 410 Wing, 410 Non-Wing, & Mods.