IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > non wing racing!
2/5/15, 2:29 PM   #31
flagboy55

Good post joey. I agree about it not growing. My hope is that it survives. I like you wish the non wing guys would get more recognition, I would bet if you ask the wing guys, especially guys that have done both, there is mutual respect, it's the fans that have the disconnect.

1 member likes this post: Joey Woods
2/5/15, 3:53 PM   #32
on_the_edge

Good news is the die hard wing fans that have never seen a non wing race will get the chance in may at eldora for what should be a very exciting show.

4 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, Joey Woods, Nate, PIT CART
2/5/15, 4:57 PM   #33
Re: non wing racing!
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post
Good news is the die hard wing fans that have never seen a non wing race will get the chance in may at eldora for what should be a very exciting show.
What's good about this show is it's early in the season so the track should be able to handle all that racing with that new surface.

2/5/15, 7:40 PM   #34
Flatrightrear

MSCS has stepped up their number of races this year so at least we can be thankful for that.

2/5/15, 10:07 PM   #35
flatout18

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy racer View Post
First off USAC properties is there to make money thus the quarter midgets,trucks,and anyother sanctioned division of USAC. That being said as Kevin Miller stated at the points banquet its to help sprints, midgets,silver crown. I have my own personal feelings about some of problems with sprint racing but FACT if you hire a top tear driver in NON WING sprint car USAC is the only place you can race and hope to make a fraction of the cost back. What people find hard to accept is though I feel the racing is very good nonwing racing sprint cars is a pimple on a elephants ass. USAC I feel tries very hard to schedule races all over the country but at times find it hard in wing country. We have had goood races at several tracks Burlinton Iowa 2 years ago but heat keep fans away no one in stands. Two weeks later a wing show had good turn out in better weather. Thats not racers or usac fault. Williams Gove never runs us so we sit out Friday in PA. and some go watch the wings cause you dont go against the grove. I wish we could race for bigger money and points funds but it is what it is. Till we get TV sponsors balk and ask what do I get for my money. The TV deal takes money and I dont want money taken away from purses or point funds in a hope to maybe attract a sponsor its a vicious cycle. Do any of you realize there are no major money sponsors from IN. on the top 15 usac cars. All most all are from out of state not counting family deals why is that yet this is the hub of nonwing racing go figure. We all have a stake in this so need to work together. To original post Bryan will have more opportunities in a wing car for money so good for him but I bet we will see him a time or two so GO TO THE DAM RACES people.
Maybe Kevin Miller should take a pay cut and put some of that money back into USAC before its gone. JMO

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, treecitytornado
2/9/15, 9:39 AM   #36
SWScaleChassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6967 View Post
I agree that usac needs to do something. maybe make a rule that the drivers can only earn usac points if they race only with them, if they race somewhere else they lose all points.maybe should double the purse and have the promoters double ticket prices.maybe they should buy(pay them not race anywhere else) the drivers so that the run only usac. maybe pass the hat in the stands to raise more purse money. maybe usac needs to put wings on again that should raise the purse. maybe boycott the race tracks until the promoters raise the purse.maybe have the promoters run usac so the drivers can run for 1500 to win. these are just a few ways to solve problem.
Isn't this how the World of "Outlaws" were born?

Anyways, Congrats to Clauson and best of luck. Would like to see the 7 out a time or two though!

-Justin

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > non wing racing!