IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kahne
8/16/18, 10:14 AM   #1
Kahne
jdull99

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018/...ll-competition

It's like they all jumping ship b4 more is exposed about na$kar or smthn (is Brian allowed to leave New York?). Same letter as Elliott Sadler, just different name at bottom...its like naskar sent out a template...I'm thinking Larson will be soon! (they can all race sprint cars & tulsa tho!)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

8/16/18, 11:22 AM   #2
Re: Kahne
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018/...ll-competition

It's like they all jumping ship b4 more is exposed about na$kar or smthn (is Brian allowed to leave New York?). Same letter as Elliott Sadler, just different name at bottom...its like naskar sent out a template...I'm thinking Larson will be soon! (they can all race sprint cars & tulsa tho!)
I think they have seen the light, they have been with it during the peak, and now it's lost it's luster, they have been the lucky ones, they've made some good money, but the money is no longer out there, it takes at least 6, heavy hitter sponsors to field a car in todays market, maybe more, and the young drivers seem to be able to muster enough to get a ride, look at JJ, if you want, he's in a bind, I don't know if it's him, or the organization, but he's just hanging in, barely, I think racing in general, is a lot less attractive than it used to be, look at some of the old pictures from dirt tracks, for instance, they have been cut in half, yes, we're lucky enough around here, to have some decent attendance, but not like it was, especially right after the big war, yet, the demand for RV's is in danger again, not because of few sales, but because of too many sales, they can't build enough, but they aren't necessarily hauling people to races, they are hauling them down the road to see something else, the old saying, " what goes around, comes around" may be here, for me, the urge to travel has lost it's luster, my age might have something to do with that also, and I haven't seen everything by far, but I've been a lot of places, and seen a lot of things, that lots of people wouldn't even consider, but it filled my tank. Look at what the big 3 auto makers are doing, Jeep is the hottest thing on the market right now, 4 dr cars are out, SUV's are on their way out, I still have my Mustang, and just bought what I consider the best butt transporter I ever had, and in todays market, it was cheap, we love it, I may sell my Mustang, easy to say, but I might. This past March, we bought a Ford Transit Connect, XLT, LWB, passenger van, I think it's called, just the ticket, not too little, not too big, plenty of room, plenty of seats, but it's a UTE, as the call them across the pond, and we're very happy. So, expect things to change, and you may have to make some changes, I'm keeping an open mind, as much as I can. Bob

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, mc/rider
8/16/18, 2:49 PM   #3
opnwhlmnd

I'll take "Proper Use of Commas" for $500 Alex.

8/16/18, 3:25 PM   #4
Sparkypop

Hahaha

8/16/18, 3:55 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Im waiting for Rowdy Bush to hit the Lucas Oil LM tour.

3 members like this post: 5JMOFFATTFAN!, jdull99, nathans1012
8/16/18, 4:33 PM   #6
revjimk

Very few of us like NASCAR, but their $$$ has supported some damn good sprint teams. Whats gonna happen to KKR team?

3 members like this post: flagboy55, jdull99, Owen
8/16/18, 4:51 PM   #7
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Im waiting for Rowdy Bush to hit the Lucas Oil LM tour.
That'd be something... and he'd probably have to do the DLM tour instead of anything pavement; cause there's no (big) money in it outside of NASCAR.

8/16/18, 4:51 PM   #8
rj1

Kahne had to get paid by Hendrick the 2018 season whether he was racing or not, so Kahne drove for the Hendrick-affiliated #95 car. Hendrick money is gone, no one was going to offer him close to that money to drive, so Kahne is gone. He's "retiring from full-time competition" because no one is going to offer him what he would want to drive.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, interpreter66, jdull99, trannyman
8/16/18, 5:44 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj1 View Post
Kahne had to get paid by Hendrick the 2018 season whether he was racing or not, so Kahne drove for the Hendrick-affiliated #95 car. Hendrick money is gone, no one was going to offer him close to that money to drive, so Kahne is gone. He's "retiring from full-time competition" because no one is going to offer him what he would want to drive.
Must be some good money still in it or Bill Elliot wouldn't have driven 15 years past his official retirement.

8/17/18, 9:31 AM   #10
trannyman

Bill Elliot racing again is a PR stunt!Trying to boost popularity.I don't believe he's doing cause he could use some money

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kahne