IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Track Food - Who does it right
8/1/18, 3:38 PM   #31
Re: Track Food - Who does it right
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw View Post
they told me the peanut company went out of business. I told them there's other companies that sell cajun peanuts!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/1/18, 7:04 PM   #32
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
That is great! I love it when we can get nontraditional food at a track. Congratulations for your efforts!
Thanks! Good way to make friends too.... later that summer I was at the Motel 6 in Des Moines, near Airport, for Nationals, when a guy with Joisey plates saw me & said "Aren't you the guy with the crawfish?" I think his name was Chet...
Ever try 'em? I rarely drink, but crawfish go perfect with beer. (Just like pizza & Mexican food, spicy!) Plus, it takes awhile to eat 'em, lots of work for a little morsel of meat, so you can take your time, socialize & sip suds

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge
8/2/18, 11:46 AM   #33
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
I have to echo those that have sighted Eldora as a track with superior food. In addition to the food being reasonably priced it's very good in regards to quality and quantity.

However, the absolute best food we've ever had at a dirt racetrack was at a place that no longer exists. We were lucky enough to have attended the 2004 Western World Championships out west at Manzanita Speedway and they're Mexican food was to die for. We're not huge Mexican food fans but it was truly exceptional at Manzy.
This is EXACTLY what I came here to say! Great minds think alike!

8/2/18, 3:05 PM   #34
flagboy55

I don’t know if they have it anymore but does anyone remember the fresh hot donuts they used to make at IRP? As soon as we arrived there we’d be tugging on Dad’s pockets to leave us enough money for donuts before he headed to the pits. My brother and I would head straight there and wait for them to come out hot!

1 member likes this post: racefan20
8/2/18, 3:53 PM   #35
jim goerge

I like burgers at LPS and Haubstadt nothing fancy just good burges, Season fries at TSS really good plus really awesome Brats when DeWigs Butcher Shop has their semi smoker truck at TSS

8/2/18, 10:37 PM   #36
Jonr

meat burritos with green Chili from Duke City Speedway in Albuquerque. Of course, you had to have a cold beer to chase it down. It was of the few things that I miss from Duke City.

8/3/18, 12:18 AM   #37
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
meat burritos with green Chili from Duke City Speedway in Albuquerque. Of course, you had to have a cold beer to chase it down. It was of the few things that I miss from Duke City.
Ooh, Green Chile at a sprint car track? After living in Colorado for 40 years, that stuff rules!!! Can't find it in the East....

8/3/18, 2:04 AM   #38
Bad Dad 54

Jim fisher told me if I ever needed to find him at Kokomo when he's not in the infield just follow the pork sandwich wrappers. The waking Taco at Fremont OH is excellent, how ever their hot dogs & hamburgers are to be skipped UGH. Spartan Speedway just south of Lansing used to have excellent elephant ears but haven't seen them in a while

8/3/18, 9:44 AM   #39
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

Hot dogs and burgers at LPS are above average for dirt track and you can add as many jalapeños and pickle slices as your heart desires.

8/3/18, 10:20 AM   #40
Jerry Shaw

Overall, I'd say that the best concession stand in this area is at Putnamville, because the quality is good and most of the sandwiches (burgers, tenderloin, hot dogs, smoked sausage) are larger than average. And the other side features the biggest bag of popcorn you're going to get, anywhere.

There's also a new contender in the category of "Best Track Sandwich" and that's the Bloomington Speedway Tenderloin. There's the same quality of pork cutlet that you might find in a local restaurant, that's known for their tenderloins, under that breading. I was kind of surprised by the first one I tried, this year.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 8/3/18 at 10:27 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Track Food - Who does it right