Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo has it right
7/31/18, 4:49 PM   #21
Re: Kokomo has it right
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
As someone always coming from several hundred miles away, I categorically object to marking seats unless reserved seats are available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hear you.

7/31/18, 4:58 PM   #22
PIT CART

What if tracks would charge $10 to put down one blanket early? In my opinion this would stop the stadium seats and people marking off the row in front of them. Just an idea.

7/31/18, 5:10 PM   #23
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Ya know, i got into Lawrenceburg stands about 525 and got a top row seat. Didnt have any problem finding a seat about anywhere I wanted at Terre Haute.

But I walked into LPS about 11am to find over half the bleachers marked. Worse still was several on crutches or just old folk with week legs forced to go down to the first couple rows. I helped one up once, MC Rider helped another down.

Not sure the answer. I can tell you this, even if they waited till "DAY OF or 3pm. It would have still been covered by 4-5pm

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/31/18, 5:19 PM   #24
jonboat15

10 bucks for a blanket is a good deal especially if it is a big blanket. If I was a seat hog I'd spend an extra 10 dollars to reserve the row in front of me to stretch out, but I'm not that way. Maybe 30 dollars for a blanket would prevent seat hogging. BTW I don't like stadium seats and I have seen a friend throw them down through the bleachers because it is against track policy (you go girl).

2 members like this post: Spi-nex, trackprep
8/1/18, 4:16 PM   #25
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
Another ISW has come and gone.I have only one opinion.😹All tracks should have Kokomo Speedway policy on seating.Open at certain time,and everyone goes in then.End of story.No tape,no blankets,no cushions,no yellow crime scene tape.When one gets to a Speedway at one in the afternoon and it looks like five thirty because all of the seats down and tape everywhere,I believe we have a problem.I used to be opposed to this policy,but no more.It has run out of control.Everyone should have equal chance at locations.If need be,sell reserved seats.
Unfortunately I have to disagree with this statement. With everything Kokomo does right this is the dumbest thing going. Waiting around til 3 in the afternoon to open the gates is ridiculous. The blankets line up of the tix window in the am. The line extends out into the drive lane. Then the haulers arrive waiting to get in. Then oh buy the way the merch trailers show up for spots in the same area. So now you have created a mess in front of the gate. Then at 3 everyone is gathered in the same small area at the hottest part of the day waiting to get in all at the same time. This is absolutely categorically stupid. The people getting there early will always be getting there early. The same problem exists since those that come early still get the preferred seats. Reserved seating is a poor idea as well. That will eventually turn into an argument about it then costing too much to get in. There is no perfect solution to the problem. This year the crowds were awesome. It hasn’t been that way for a while. Everyone can’t be happy all of the time. I wish this debate existed all year long, but as we all know ISW draws fans from around the country. The other times it’s more of a local fan base. Being a traveler myself I come also at the less popular times of the year to go see the same great usac racers but don’t see the crowds all that big. I read the laundry list of excuses why people didn’t make it. I really think the local fan base doesn’t realize how lucky they are. So how about this, instead of the normal ******** we get at ISW time about seat saving you guys spend the energy getting to the tracks the other times of the season too. Then maybe the tracks might think of investing in more seating that is generally liked.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge
8/1/18, 7:15 PM   #26
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Unfortunately I have to disagree with this statement. With everything Kokomo does right this is the dumbest thing going. Waiting around til 3 in the afternoon to open the gates is ridiculous. The blankets line up of the tix window in the am. The line extends out into the drive lane. Then the haulers arrive waiting to get in. Then oh buy the way the merch trailers show up for spots in the same area. So now you have created a mess in front of the gate. Then at 3 everyone is gathered in the same small area at the hottest part of the day waiting to get in all at the same time. This is absolutely categorically stupid. The people getting there early will always be getting there early. The same problem exists since those that come early still get the preferred seats. Reserved seating is a poor idea as well. That will eventually turn into an argument about it then costing too much to get in. There is no perfect solution to the problem. This year the crowds were awesome. It hasn’t been that way for a while. Everyone can’t be happy all of the time. I wish this debate existed all year long, but as we all know ISW draws fans from around the country. The other times it’s more of a local fan base. Being a traveler myself I come also at the less popular times of the year to go see the same great usac racers but don’t see the crowds all that big. I read the laundry list of excuses why people didn’t make it. I really think the local fan base doesn’t realize how lucky they are. So how about this, instead of the normal ******** we get at ISW time about seat saving you guys spend the energy getting to the tracks the other times of the season too. Then maybe the tracks might think of investing in more seating that is generally liked.
I would be embarrassed to put a blanket at the ticket window. That is what I mean as far as it is out of control. Here is a different idea. How about you can buy tickets in advance, and the gate opens 15 minutes early for anyone who pre bought tickets.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge, Spi-nex
8/1/18, 10:01 PM   #27
yeleyfan76

You might be embarrassed to put a blanket in line at tix window but many are not. It’s simple, there is no correct solution so just leave it alone. Support the tracks all year long. I support local tracks at home and the Indiana tracks when I visit.

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, jim goerge
8/1/18, 11:56 PM   #28
flagboy55

There are a lot of us on both sides of this issue. I agree with yeley76 that there’s no good solution. I don’t drive as far as some of you but I can understand your frustration. But I reside to the fact that if I don’t get there early I’m going to have limited seating options. I try to plan my race day as getting there early and getting a good seat and some tailgating and hopefully an efficient race program is run and I get out in a timely manner. I don’t hold a grudge against the people who show up early and put down blankets, I wish I could. Funk might be on to something too. Buying tickets online before the race and a half hour early open to those might be reasonable

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
8/2/18, 1:26 AM   #29
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I would be embarrassed to put a blanket at the ticket window. That is what I mean as far as it is out of control. Here is a different idea. How about you can buy tickets in advance, and the gate opens 15 minutes early for anyone who pre bought tickets.
Good idear.....

8/2/18, 8:54 AM   #30
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
You might be embarrassed to put a blanket in line at tix window but many are not.
The majority are not. I rolled into Kokomo around 1pm last week and had I put something in line I'd have easily already been #100

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo has it right