IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Track Food - Who does it right
7/31/18, 12:25 PM   #11
Re: Track Food - Who does it right
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Man does not live on French Fries alone.

Lincoln Speedway (PA) has several food trucks in addition to the typical Concessions Stand items. There's a Seafood truck, Ice Cream and a Funnel cake truck, but the one that really hits a home run is the BBQ Food truck.

Their Pulled Pork BBQ is to die for, and believe me I've eaten a lot of Pulled Pork BBQ! For $8 you get so much meat that it falls off all sides of the sandwich. You have to start with a fork so you don't waste any. They also have smoked Turkey Legs, Beef Briquette, and smoked Turkey.

What’s your favorite Race Track food item?
Lincoln is good, so is Port Royal during the County Fair
But how bout Knoxville Nationals, Asian Chicken, Pork Tenderloin, & Cattleman's steak & corn on the cob tent?
I like most of the tenderloins in the Midwest, but Eldora's is damn near big as a pizza....
Worst? Nachos at Oskaloosa.... seems like they apply the melted cheese an hour in advance SOGGY!!!!

1 member likes this post: davidm
7/31/18, 12:51 PM   #12
Hammer

Eldora, good food, good prices. You can feed your family there. Also US24 speedway has great food and priced good, especially spanish cheese dogs and spanish cheese burgers.

2 members like this post: davidm, nathans1012
7/31/18, 1:03 PM   #13
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Lincoln is good, so is Port Royal during the County Fair
But how bout Knoxville Nationals, Asian Chicken, Pork Tenderloin, & Cattleman's steak & corn on the cob tent?
I like most of the tenderloins in the Midwest, but Eldora's is damn near big as a pizza....
Worst? Nachos at Oskaloosa.... seems like they apply the melted cheese an hour in advance SOGGY!!!!
Oh yeah the Juniata County Fair food is really good!!!

2 members like this post: jim goerge, nathans1012
7/31/18, 1:11 PM   #14
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

When Hagerstown Speedway ran the Oktoberfest 350 weekend they had really good Country Ham Sandwiches and Bean and Ham soup. When ole Frank Sagi announced over the PA that the Country Girls had another pot of Bean and Ham soup ready you'd better move fast, because that soup went fast!

3 members like this post: jim goerge, smith19, Speedwrench
7/31/18, 1:25 PM   #15
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Salem has a huge tenderloin.All the tracks I go to are great with condimints except Lawrenceburg.Bloomington use to have fake onions but they had real ones last week. Great porkchop sandwich at Kokomo. Dewig does a good braut at Haubstadt.Lburg,Bton and Btown have good Fries. Im hungry.See ya at the races

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, DAD, jim goerge, smith19
7/31/18, 1:32 PM   #16
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
Salem has a huge tenderloin.All the tracks I go to are great with condimints except Lawrenceburg.Bloomington use to have fake onions but they had real ones last week. Great porkchop sandwich at Kokomo. Dewig does a good braut at Haubstadt.Lburg,Bton and Btown have good Fries. Im hungry.See ya at the races
Way Back when the Salem Fire Department had a big old iron plate set up just outside the grand stands. They would cook there burgers over a bed of sliced onions and serve them up right off the grill. Great 40 years ago but one would probably kill me today.

7/31/18, 8:34 PM   #17
bsmith8

ELDORA !!! Pizza Burger and can not beat the prices.

5 members like this post: erich45, motorhead748, nathans1012, PJ Wright, wallbanger II
7/31/18, 8:50 PM   #18
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

There was a reason that Manzanita Speedway's burritos were legendary. They were big and outstanding! There area several comments above which mention food which is prepared by an organization other than the track. I believe this certainly results in excellent refreshments. I am certainly not saying that track employees don't bust their butts to give us good food, but I think you are just going to put a little more into it if you have some skin in the game. The outside barbecue vendor at Little Rock's I-30 Speedway produced really great stuff. Hendry County Speedway in far southern Florida had several local vendors, all offering their specialties. Only place I had alligator gumbo or stew or whatever that bowl was called. It was excellent. Over the years, East Bay Raceway had some of the best food and best service and worst food and worst service I have ever seen. Different vendors, vastly different results. Hard to beat their fresh strawberry shortcake regardless of who it was, however. Riverside Speedway in West Mempis also has some excellent food which is different that what we are used to in the midwest. I love the fact that Bloomington has ice cream! Come on, its the midwest, it is hot, it is humid. We should all scream for ice cream at every track.

4 members like this post: davidm, jim goerge, PJ Wright, TNRustler
7/31/18, 8:55 PM   #19
reeserx

I’ve always enjoyed the pork chop sandwich at Kokomo

7/31/18, 9:06 PM   #20
miledirt

Is there a better tenderloin than the ones behind the main grandstand at the Knoxville Nationals? Fresh not frozen..pounded thin... battered...deep fried - amazing

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, PJ Wright, trackprep
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Track Food - Who does it right