IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > SpeedShiftTv help.
11/10/18, 12:07 PM   #1
SpeedShiftTv help.
Cage Faraday

I'd rather not watch tonights race on my PC, that's what I have a large flat screen tv for. Is it possible to use one of my devices to play the race on my TV. I have a cable I can hook between my phone/tablet and my TV, but I wanted to make sure I could before paying for the race. Any input is welcome and appreciated. iphone 6S/Samsung TV.

11/10/18, 12:14 PM   #2
Kansasdirtfan

I always stream to the tv from my iPhone, and it works great. It obviously eats into your data plan though.

11/10/18, 12:22 PM   #3
Re: SpeedShiftTv help.
Cage Faraday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansasdirtfan View Post
I always stream to the tv from my iPhone, and it works great. It obviously eats into your data plan though.
Is there a speedhiftTV app or do I just stream thru a browser?

11/10/18, 1:20 PM   #4
ISF

If you have an iPad or iPhone and a WiFi router system in your home then all you'll need to connect your iPad or iPhone devices to your TV is an Apple Lightning Digital A/V Adapter. They are a little pricey but it really simplifies hooking Apple devices to your flat screen TV. I would think you could purchase one at the electronics department at WalMart or at a Radio Shack. You'll need a HDMI cable to connect the Lightning adapter to you TV. Both video and audio are carried from the adapter to the TV with the HDMI cable. Log in at SpeedshiftTV and purchase the PPV and you'll be set. The quality of SpeedshiftTV is very good.

We watched the Ovals last night and we were a bit disappointed that Scott Daloisio wasn't doing the broadcast on SpeedshiftTV. We take nothing away from the guys that do the SpeedshiftTV deal but in our opinion Scott is one of the very best PA announcers in racing.
Last edited by ISF; 11/10/18 at 1:22 PM.

11/10/18, 3:28 PM   #5
hairracer44

I use a Chromecast, but before I got a Chromecast I used a HDMI cable between my laptop and TV.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, erich45, luckybuc97
11/10/18, 5:32 PM   #6
chathamracefan

If u are able get a fire stick for your tv that plugs into an hdmi that works great. Fire stick has a couple built in web browser apps that u can install and then dial up the website just like u would on a computer. May not work for tonight but if u can get one it works great.

1 member likes this post: Chief Wahoo
11/10/18, 8:41 PM   #7
fourteen fan

Watched dirtvision all year with a HDMI cord from the laptop to the tv. Worked great!

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
11/11/18, 1:27 PM   #8
Cage Faraday

Thanks guys, I was able to hook up my ipad and watch. Thanks for all the help.

1 member likes this post: ISF
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > SpeedShiftTv help.