IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Steel Block Series
5/14/21, 8:59 AM   #1
Indiana Steel Block Series
Hammer

The Indiana Steel Block Sprint Car Series is running tonight May 14th at Thunder Valley Speedway in Salem Indiana and tomorrow Saturday May 15th at Twin Cities Speedway in North Vernon Indiana. Rules are simple, any nonwing sprint car with a steel block engine, 305s, 360s, 410s, crates, injected or carbed.

5/14/21, 4:39 PM   #2
Re: Indiana Steel Block Series
Stevensville Mike

Hope it works well for you guys and you get a good draw of cars and fans. I seem to recall a guy named John Gurley (?) tried something like this a few years back but it went sideways, complicated by the fact that the race dates were on top of other local race dates.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, Leohr46, spicoli, tirespinner
5/14/21, 4:47 PM   #3
Re: Indiana Steel Block Series
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Hope it works well for you guys and you get a good draw of cars and fans. I seem to recall a guy named John Gurley (?) tried something like this a few years back but it went sideways, complicated by the fact that the race dates were on top of other local race dates.
I know John. His family has in auto group Gurley-Leep with about 20-30 dealerships in 5 states including 4 in my area of Northwest Indiana. His brother is Chris Gurley that ran Non-Wing Sprints in and around Indiana. If I'm not mistaking it was a crate series. Their dad is Van Gurley Sr.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/14/21, 5:56 PM   #4
TQ29m

I have a friend who ran a steel block before his son got involved in.25 midgets, he bought it for about 25 cents on the dollar, fresh, and it made the earth shake, it was bad fast, but he got lucky on the price, no doubt, but either way, a decent mechanic can build a good steel or aluminum block motor, parts prices are equal for both.

2 members like this post: Ken Bonnema, tirespinner
5/14/21, 6:41 PM   #5
kendirt

I think it would be helpful to your series if you posted results on here in a timely manner.

2 members like this post: Agentry10, Ken Bonnema
5/14/21, 11:47 PM   #6
Leohr46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
I ran with the group. It was called SCORA. It went sideways for several reasons.

3 members like this post: Hammer, tirespinner, treecitytornado
5/15/21, 12:10 AM   #7
Hammer

Don't know full results yet but do know 11 cars tonight and Donnie Gentry won per text from Dave Gross little bit ago.

5/15/21, 10:29 AM   #8
Hammer

Indiana Steel Block Series will be racing at Twin Cities Speedway at North Vernon Indiana tonight May 15th. Hopefully they pick up a few more cars and have another good race again tonight. Any nonwing sprintcar with a steel block engine is welcome to run with them. You can go to their Indiana Steel Block Facebook page for more information.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, Ken Bonnema, tirespinner
5/15/21, 11:22 AM   #9
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Where can weekly results be found at thanks

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
5/17/21, 10:45 PM   #10
Hammer

They had 14 cars at North Vernon Saturday. Donnie Gentry won for the second night in a row after winning Friday at Thunder Valley speedway in the Indiana Steel Block Series.

2 members like this post: Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Steel Block Series