Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana sprint week
2/27/14, 12:39 AM   #1
Indiana sprint week
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

My girlfriend and I will b making the 7 hr trip to speedweek for the 11,12,13th portion. Gas city , kokomo , Lawrenceburg . We've never been to this part of the country and would appreciate any tips on sightseeing restaurants . The days of drinking myself into a coma before the races are a pleasant memory but had to replace it with more sensible activities. Thanks in advance.

2 members like this post: apexonephoto, racing2bwithu2
2/27/14, 2:42 AM   #2
Re: Indiana sprint week
i love dirt track racing

Have fun and enjoy the greatest fans in racing. Non wing dirt track race fans are the best. Go to all the tracks early and you will find a new family and after that you will tell all your friends and family that you ARE PART OF THE RACING FAMILY.

1 member likes this post: Gregg
2/27/14, 6:25 AM   #3
Gregg

Welcome to IOW.

I hope your stay here will be a pleasant one. A couple of suggestions: Half Moon Brewery on Kokomo. Support the sponsors that support our racing. The other is Bob Evans in Aurora, In on Rt 50 West (or SW of Lawrenceburg) for breakfast. Good food and great service. I little birdie suggested it to me.

2/27/14, 9:09 AM   #4
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt in ur beer View Post
My girlfriend and I will b making the 7 hr trip to speedweek for the 11,12,13th portion. Gas city , kokomo , Lawrenceburg . We've never been to this part of the country and would appreciate any tips on sightseeing restaurants . The days of drinking myself into a coma before the races are a pleasant memory but had to replace it with more sensible activities. Thanks in advance.
You're setting yourself up for addiction. Cool! I made my first trip to sprint car heaven back in 2000. Now I don't even need an Indiana map. I hope you and your girlfriend have a great time!

If you go to Indianapolis, the museum at the speedway is fantastic. Also in the area is the Mug N Bun. IMO, real good breaded tenderloin and home-made root beer.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
Last edited by PJ Wright; 2/27/14 at 10:25 AM.

2/27/14, 10:30 AM   #5
berks co

Cool, This year will be my sixth year of traveling from PA to IN for sprintweek. My work schedule has me planning on doing the 2nd half of the week, Terra Haute, LPS, Bloomington and Tristate.

2/27/14, 10:57 AM   #6
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Do not miss Kokomo Opalescent Glass: http://www.kog.com/. It's the most interesting couple of hours you'll spend outside a race track.

2/27/14, 11:06 AM   #7
robert gatten

GREGG, you forgot to tell them to stop and meet the great people in section A at "the Burg" . I'm sure fishburger will be chastising you for
the slip up. Great to have another couple coming for the first of what generally turns into many trips for the greatest show on dirt.

2 members like this post: dirt330, mowerman
2/27/14, 11:18 AM   #8
Gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert gatten View Post
GREGG, you forgot to tell them to stop and meet the great people in section A at "the Burg" . I'm sure fishburger will be chastising you for
the slip up. Great to have another couple coming for the first of what generally turns into many trips for the greatest show on dirt.
Thanks for the reminder Bob. My memory isn't what it used to be.

What were we talking about again?

2/27/14, 11:43 AM   #9
Ty

I am throwing around the idea about coming out for part 2 of ISW also. However, I have to be at Grandview that sunday evening (the day after Haubstadt) to cover the ARDC show. Haubstadt to Grandview is about 14 hours. It can be done, but I also seen that Waynesfield has a BOSS show the same day as Haubstadt and it would put me about 5-6 hours closer to home than TSS. What would you guys do if you were in my shoes? Keep in mind that I went to TSS last year but have yet to visit Waynesfield. Decisions decisions

1 member likes this post: apexonephoto
2/27/14, 12:15 PM   #10
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty View Post
I am throwing around the idea about coming out for part 2 of ISW also. However, I have to be at Grandview that sunday evening (the day after Haubstadt) to cover the ARDC show. Haubstadt to Grandview is about 14 hours. It can be done, but I also seen that Waynesfield has a BOSS show the same day as Haubstadt and it would put me about 5-6 hours closer to home than TSS. What would you guys do if you were in my shoes? Keep in mind that I went to TSS last year but have yet to visit Waynesfield. Decisions decisions
I'm a race chaser so the easy answer is Waynesfield if you've never been. We all know TSS is a great facility, but Ohio is a wide state when you are just passing through. Waynesfield is rather wide in my opinion, and they can run three wide. You can shoot hot laps from 3-4 and shoot the racing from the infield. Not much cell service, if I remember correctly. BOSS is still non wing, so you get to shoot some different cool cars.

Weather is also a consideration that always dictates my path! Even when I don't want it to!
Last edited by apexonephoto; 2/27/14 at 12:22 PM.

2 members like this post: fish, Ty
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana sprint week