IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
D.L. 122 (Offline)
  #1 6/11/13 12:53 AM
Anybody remember the hoosier m compound? Any details on it? All ive gathered is they are hard and quit making them in 99 or 2000. Anybody have any personal experience or opinions. I recently bought tires and found it in the stack.

Posted via Mobile Device
darnall (Offline)
  #2 6/11/13 11:17 AM
Back in 99-2001 a lot of the guys who ran micros in this area had M50 compound right rears...pretty sure they were M50..they were the hardest compond micro tire they made at the time, usually puncjhed around 65 on the durometer, and I was told they were the same tire as the NMMA spec RR tire without the NMMA stamp on them.
TQ29m (Offline)
  #3 6/11/13 11:49 AM
Don't know about Hoosier, but McCreary used to make at least 3 grades of compounds, the SD series, for soft durometer, MD for medium durometer and HD for Hard Durometer, I bought a couple of HD65's at Dayton's auction one time, to run indoors, and still got em, and only ran one, two different times, and you still can't tell it's been run! When you'd grind it to get the marbles off it, sparks would shower like steel! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
2 Likes: D.L. 122, Roy Bleckert
D.L. 122 (Offline)
  #4 6/11/13 12:10 PM
this tire is for a midget or mini sprint. its an 80

Posted via Mobile Device
D.L. 122 (Offline)
  #5 6/11/13 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by TQ29m:
Don't know about Hoosier, but McCreary used to make at least 3 grades of compounds, the SD series, for soft durometer, MD for medium durometer and HD for Hard Durometer, I bought a couple of HD65's at Dayton's auction one time, to run indoors, and still got em, and only ran one, two different times, and you still can't tell it's been run! When you'd grind it to get the marbles off it, sparks would shower like steel! Bob
wow i felt it and knew it was hard but thats crazy

Posted via Mobile Device