IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World Of Outlaws Non Wing 2022
12/12/21, 3:12 AM   #31
Re: World Of Outlaws Non Wing 2022
RockinRy

Race Count This Year: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinser View Post
Rumor at PRI was that there is only one conflicting date with USAC. For now……. I thought it was pretty interesting there was no one working at the USAC booth and one of the vendors we deal with said no one had been there all day.
That's funny I watched 6 hours of coverage on Flo from the USAC Booth Thursday and Friday.

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, BrentTFunk, Joekocjan
12/12/21, 9:19 AM   #32
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRy View Post
That's funny I watched 6 hours of coverage on Flo from the USAC Booth Thursday and Friday.
So how much coverage did you watch Saturday ???

1 member likes this post: rick42
12/12/21, 11:29 AM   #33
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I don't know nothin from nothin, Not the $$ man behind any team or sanction. But I've always felt a thousand mile trip for two or three races (That pay only 500 to start) and thats if you make it against the best. IS A TOTAL Money sucker that you have to make if you want in the points race. If this can provide a couple extra opertunities in existing markets. (Like FL where they'll now have five races in sprints and two in midgets in eight days) That can help.

I didn't see anything that said WoO was running them two nights (Mon-Tues) IMO because WRG owns Vollusia now. Its two dates they can put on their schedule for fans to attend if they like. Say they do this for Mon and tues at Knox Nationals too Say the winner of mon and tues gets guaranteed spot for Nationals (A Non Wing qualifying night for the Nationals with 23rd-24th guaranteed start) ? Schedule a couple nights at Jacksonville the week of the USAC Nationals at Hussets.
It could be Win Win.

Will it require a five thousand buy in to run for the points (Or whatever WoO memberships require) Know in WoO they have some guaranteed tow money for top points teams thats higher than the just didn't qualify amount.

Done right at prestigious tracks and decent $$$ it could increase participation. Not water it down.

Time will tell. it will either succeed or fail fairly quickly.

I know one thing, There are several out there capable. Like Ballog, Courtney. etc that aren't running NW and I don't think safety is the main reason.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 12/12/21 at 11:42 AM.

3 members like this post: motorhead748, svfd830, WinglessLovers
12/12/21, 11:34 AM   #34
miledirt

As someone else said, I would look for Knoxville on the schedule. I would think Jacksonville as well since they didn't get a WoO show

2 members like this post: ISF, svfd830
12/12/21, 1:27 PM   #35
flagboy55

I don’t think this is necessary and don’t understand the excitement over it. I do agree this probably has something to do with the Flo vs Dirtvision thing. Seems to me if Dirtvision is worried about subscription they should lower their price. It’s also amusing to me that up here in the epicenter of wingless racing, we have some folks say they don’t run Terre Haute because it’s hard on motors. Well than, let’s drive down to Florida and run a track that’s even harder on them from everything I’ve read about it. I don’t trust the Outlaws to do anything to make the racing better either. They do 2 things with their wing series that I hate. They start heat races straight up, and double file restarts. I have absolutely no desire to pay for that

7 members like this post: BrentTFunk, duel, Eatin Dirt, okie, oppweld, spicoli, The Old Coyote
12/12/21, 2:32 PM   #36
staggerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I don’t think this is necessary and don’t understand the excitement over it. I do agree this probably has something to do with the Flo vs Dirtvision thing. Seems to me if Dirtvision is worried about subscription they should lower their price. It’s also amusing to me that up here in the epicenter of wingless racing, we have some folks say they don’t run Terre Haute because it’s hard on motors. Well than, let’s drive down to Florida and run a track that’s even harder on them from everything I’ve read about it. I don’t trust the Outlaws to do anything to make the racing better either. They do 2 things with their wing series that I hate. They start heat races straight up, and double file restarts. I have absolutely no desire to pay for that
I think what people forget is Dirtvision was built and funded by the WRG and the profits made are kept in-house. Part of the reason you see the Woo point funds for sprints and late model getting larger each year is due to Dirtvision profits. People complain about Dirtvision prices but I find it great value for what you get and for the money I see them putting back into the series and teams.

Yes, Flo is a great bargain but remember there are many other sports contributing to the bottom line of Flo that keeps it at that great rate of $150.

Really going to be interesting to see the schedule for the Xtreme sprints as I can see some local racers, BOSS, and others signing up for a 10-15 race season if they are running for good money. Also curious if they what the tire situation will be will they be on the Medium or the H15 tires. That could be a factor if guys have to buy different tires to run a show.

1 member likes this post: svfd830
12/12/21, 2:56 PM   #37
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Flo is putting back into racing, Not sure how much or where. But You can't hold two LM races for 50k and sprint races at Eldora for 50k (Governors Reign) without fans paying somewhere.

Say you can get 150.000 to sign up to FLO worldwide. (Between sprints, midgets and LM's alone thats not unthinkable) Thats over 22 million a year. Now add in a couple dozen sports they pay nothing into but get membership for. The numbers could be staggering.

All I'm saying by this, By being affordable. More sign up, If its 3-4-500 dollars, I'll just go to a kings royal or port big weekend instead. Streaming is good for keeping track but nowhere near the in person experience. Also with Flo you can go to a race, come home and watch four more.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, motorhead748
12/12/21, 3:06 PM   #38
The Old Coyote

The lower the price, the more you sell.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, flagboy55
12/12/21, 3:15 PM   #39
Gene Franckowiak

Remember fellas...no guy starts out screwing your wife....he becomes your friend first .......the WoO will put USAC in the back seat and it would not surprise me that when stuff gets real, USAC licenses their name and logo to the WoO. Just my humble opinion. I love USAc and have supported them for years but am not naive' enough to think this is anything more than a takeover move.

12/12/21, 4:16 PM   #40
dsc1600

I read about rumors that the announcement was going to be that WRG was going to buy USAC outright. Who knows if that’s true but that’s certainly possible that this is the first step towards WRG trying to become the leader of the “traditional” sprint car industry.

1 member likes this post: bighd0522
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World Of Outlaws Non Wing 2022