IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $5000 to win at Tri-State!
7/31/12, 10:51 PM   #31
Re: $5000 to win at Tri-State!
Quick Change

Race Count This Year: 23
Race Count Last Year: 29

I'll be there.

2 members like this post: ronmil, Rpracing1
7/31/12, 11:05 PM   #32
Clydesdale

Jason, I have no doubt that you'll welcome all the drivers and fans, and treat everybody well. You guys are the Class Track for a reason, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make with my post. Most sanctioning bodies and series promote their drivers, and talk about points battles, ect going into an event in press releases, and also at the event. Even in the BOSS press release for this weekend they talk about all of the point battles occuring going into the weekend at Lawrenceburg. If you know that most of the drivers running with you now are also USAC drivers, it doesn't make sense to schedule a conflicting race, ecpeciallly one of a special event like this weekend's. It'd be like going to a World of Outlaws race, only to find out once you got there that Kinser, Swindell, Saldana, and Schatz were at another sanctioning body's race. OR it's like going to an All-Star race, and not seeing Schaffer, Blaney, or Gravel. I understand there are other talented drivers that will be there, but coming to a special show, you're expecting to see those big names and points leaders. I'd think it'd be embarassing as a sanctioning body if my top five drivers, and them some, were no shows at my event. Just saying.

7/31/12, 11:13 PM   #33
racefan20

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/31/12, 11:54 PM   #34
bmemmer

Clydesdale like i said before hoosier sprint national has always been scheduled on the last saturday of july maybe usac shouldnt of scheduled the way they did just saying dont be pointing a finger at one or another both parties probley could of done better. I really could give a **** !! if everybody waited for usac to be off or lawrencebug or putnamville not to run , there would be no race season. how bout we are so lucky we got a choice to go watch a race at different places

2 members like this post: fish, mowerman
7/31/12, 11:56 PM   #35
racin jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydesdale View Post
Jason, I have no doubt that you'll welcome all the drivers and fans, and treat everybody well. You guys are the Class Track for a reason, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make with my post. Most sanctioning bodies and series promote their drivers, and talk about points battles, ect going into an event in press releases, and also at the event. Even in the BOSS press release for this weekend they talk about all of the point battles occuring going into the weekend at Lawrenceburg. If you know that most of the drivers running with you now are also USAC drivers, it doesn't make sense to schedule a conflicting race, ecpeciallly one of a special event like this weekend's. It'd be like going to a World of Outlaws race, only to find out once you got there that Kinser, Swindell, Saldana, and Schatz were at another sanctioning body's race. OR it's like going to an All-Star race, and not seeing Schaffer, Blaney, or Gravel. I understand there are other talented drivers that will be there, but coming to a special show, you're expecting to see those big names and points leaders. I'd think it'd be embarassing as a sanctioning body if my top five drivers, and them some, were no shows at my event. Just saying.
I understand and appreciate what you are saying. We have had this race at Haubstadt for a few years now with and without the USAC names there. We appreciate them racing with us as much as they can but this race isn't about any one particular driver or points contender. This race is the Hoosier Sprint Nationals, a big paying show for the Hoosier state drivers. Whether they are a big name or somebody we have never heard of, we are giving anybody that wants a shot at a great paying event to come race with us. This race is our way of saying thank you to all of the teams for supporting us throughout the years.

Racin Jason Adams

Posted via Mobile Device

8/1/12, 12:23 AM   #36
Flatrightrear

Question--Does a Clydesdale have a horse's azz? Good grief, let it go, man. Schedules are set last winter. Stay home and hit the dog already.

2 members like this post: fish, Morgan7m
8/1/12, 8:57 AM   #37
Clydesdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
Question--Does a Clydesdale have a horse's azz? Good grief, let it go, man. Schedules are set last winter. Stay home and hit the dog already.
Hey, it's no big deal, this is just a message board. Don't let it get you so worked up. Jason had responded to something I said previously and I just responded back. There was also people that were wanting to go there and asking some questions about the race. Sorry I stated facts that upset some people. One of the number one topics on this message board revolves around who's going to be at what race, so obviously people do care about who's going to be where.

1 member likes this post: nailer
8/1/12, 12:46 PM   #38
Big Willy

The fact of the matter is TSS will pay somebody 5K this weekend for winning a race. If you attend races to see certain drivers compete I have no problem with that. You must then choose to see a WOO show or USAC event depending on your preference. However, if you choose to attend races for the pure joy of watching racing (regardless of who is in the pit area) then this weekend may indeed be the race of the year at TSS. It is no secret that a handful of drivers have an advantage whenever they show up at a race due to a variety of factors including budget, talent and experience. On a weekend such as this when the top 5 or 6 favorites are committed elsewhere, I think it not only adds to the excitement but sets the stage for the winner being any one of 15 or 20 cars instead of a select few. I suspect they will have a full feature at TSS in both classes this weekend and considering I can attend this live event for less than what it would cost to take my family to see a movie, coupled with the fact that I am also going to get to be around racing friends supporting the sport we love, this is the preverbial "no-brainer" (the wife claims "no-brainers" are my specialty though so probably not a big deal ).
Last edited by Big Willy; 8/1/12 at 1:26 PM.

8/1/12, 4:20 PM   #39
coachmeece

cant wait till saturday

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/1/12, 4:38 PM   #40
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmeece View Post
cant wait till saturday
Hope all is well with you after last night?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $5000 to win at Tri-State!