IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Remember the USAC Sabre Champ Car?
8/23/08, 7:55 AM   #41
Re: Remember the USAC Sabre Champ Car?
mac miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister View Post
Found some great info and some photos. Not a bad looking car. Too bad about the lack of interest.
David.
Starting lineup

While these cars failed to revolutionize usac, as they were intended, they, certainly, appear to be the inspiration for the boring sameness of the current spec racer Indy 500.

---

8/23/08, 9:18 AM   #42
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac miller View Post
While these cars failed to revolutionize usac, as they were intended, they, certainly, appear to be the inspiration for the boring sameness of the current spec racer Indy 500.---
Yeah, there doesn't seem to be much room in motorsports anymore for a guy who thinks that he has a better "mouse trap". Everything is a spec series now. Maybe at the time though, these cars would have served their intended purpose well...a basic rear engine vehicle to gain midget/sprint drivers valuable rear engine experience. Had this divison taken off back then, who knows, maybe Darland, Elliot, etc...would be Indy 500 champs by now. And those "Road to Indy" stickers might actually mean something. Just my humble opinion of course. :thumb
David.

Mac Miller....the name is so familiar, were you involved in Indy racing in the past? Sorry if I'm confusing you with someone else.

11/4/10, 8:25 AM   #43
Remember the USAC Sabre Champ Car?
papasport

Hi I know it's been a while since last reply on this thread, but i'm trying to find out more about these cars??
Has anyone got contact details for Roman Slobodynskyj either email or phone?
Or any type of race or testing history that i could track down some how on these. I own 3 of these, and need more info so i can get a racing log book in Australia.
Any help is much appreciated.
Regards
Scott

11/4/10, 8:41 PM   #44
sc96

I think dave has to much time on his hands while he is at work.

11/5/10, 4:51 AM   #45
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc96 View Post
I think dave has to much time on his hands while he is at work.
Sometimes!
This thread is a blast from the past huh? 2008, time flies.
I miss Dwight, wierd reading posts by him.
David.

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasport View Post
Hi I know it's been a while since last reply on this thread, but i'm trying to find out more about these cars??
Has anyone got contact details for Roman Slobodynskyj either email or phone?
Or any type of race or testing history that i could track down some how on these. I own 3 of these, and need more info so i can get a racing log book in Australia.
Any help is much appreciated.
Regards
Scott
Not sure about contact info or individual car info, but someone from here http://www.trackforum.com/forums/forum.php or here http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=236178 could almost certainly help you.
Hope that helps and good luck!
David.

11/5/10, 8:39 AM   #46
papasport

Hi David,

Will give those a crack too.
Thanks
Scott

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Remember the USAC Sabre Champ Car?