IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you
10/27/07, 12:41 AM   #1
Thank you
Jerry Spencer

:checkered:Just wanted to send a thank you out to everybody that is trying to get Josh a ride in the Chilli Bowl, we are not sure at this point about this year but thanks to so many good friends next year is looking good. until then we will keep going at our own pace so that as Josh says "When sombody calls I will be ready" As most of you know that means seat time and learning how to take care of the car you are driving, gaining respect from the guys that have been doing this a lot longer than he has and shaking as many hands as he can. you know who you are and again thank you. :respect:

Jerry,Sarah,Paul and Josh Spencer #66j
www.joshspencer.com

10/27/07, 1:17 PM   #2
Re: Thank you
gilmore

people may take this as a bash but im just gonna tell it how it really is.. as far as i know you've ran for 4 years or so at the same track and have never came close to winning. you guys are nice people but being nice can only take you so far. put up the results and people will call. im not trying to put anyone down but its just the truth. look at scotty weir for example.. low budget but in his 2nd year he was winning at different places.. he should get a ride in the chili bowl. as far as i see youre a nice person but this whole deal on saying thanks every week is getting old. get in victory lane and then say thanks.

p.s. im really not bashin you just telling you how it is

tim gilmore

10/27/07, 2:11 PM   #3
pgray

Well , Welcome to the Board , Gilmore !
You certainly know how to make an entrance !
The 'ole board has been a little lackluster of late ... I've got a feeling all that just changed !

Paul

10/27/07, 2:34 PM   #4
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmore View Post
people may take this as a bash but im just gonna tell it how it really is.. as far as i know you've ran for 4 years or so at the same track and have never came close to winning. you guys are nice people but being nice can only take you so far. put up the results and people will call. im not trying to put anyone down but its just the truth. look at scotty weir for example.. low budget but in his 2nd year he was winning at different places.. he should get a ride in the chili bowl. as far as i see youre a nice person but this whole deal on saying thanks every week is getting old. get in victory lane and then say thanks.

tim gilmore
:doh:...And now along comes someone who objects to another person saying thank you. If that is your opinion so be it. But there is one thing you need to learn about message boards. If you don't want to read something simply move on to the next thread. :thumb:THANK YOU!

10/27/07, 5:13 PM   #5
Pat O'Connor Fan

I gather Will Rogers never met Tim Gilmore.

10/27/07, 6:51 PM   #6
nonwing

Gilmore,

Well you got me out of the woods to respond to your opinion. I believe Josh has what it takes, but when you are running your own car and financing the deal, you have to think twice about sticking your neck out with a bold move to the front. Unfortunately, Josh has to think about seat time and the only way to get seat time is to be able to race again the next night. I can't speak to Scotty Weir's situation, but many guys who have the finances, can afford to get their bell rung and then have the time to work on fixing their ride, or usually, just by dragging out the back up car.

While you have your opinion, you need to consider all the facts before looking at just his stats. Give the kid a break and I think you will see him get the job done.

Go get'em Josh!

George Wilkins

10/27/07, 7:19 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:

tim gilmore

Yet he made almost every major race he entered this year vs several who've been at this far longer and better financed.

Someone else posted, They wreck it, Their done. Put up a couple chassis, You'll see him in V lane. I have no doubts.

Chuck, who could not only see the talent, If I could I'd back him.

10/27/07, 7:29 PM   #8
Jerry Shaw

Quote:

tim gilmore
This is the second poster that has came in here, bashing another driver, to make the case for Scotty Weir. The first went after Brady Short. I hope this is just a coincidence Because tearing someone else down, is no way to advance the status of whoever you might like.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

10/27/07, 8:32 PM   #9
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

I don't think Gilmore ever saw Bambi!! "If you can't say something nice just keep your d#@*g mouth shut! Geez!!
Gilmore, How drunk were you to have such impaired judgement??
Josh and Jerry, Good luck! I know you will do great when the opportunity arrives!
Some people!!!!!!!!!

10/27/07, 8:35 PM   #10
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

I must agree with what the last two said.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you