IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > O/T Looking for Cheap Christmas Tree
12/3/20, 10:37 PM   #1
O/T Looking for Cheap Christmas Tree
Andrew S. Quinn

I've been decorating my old truck for the Holidays,and I'm looking to see if anyone knows where I can get a 6-8 foot (real) Christmas tree around Indy or nearby. It doesnt need to be perfect looking,i'm just going to strap it in the back and put lights on it. I just dont want to spend $40-80 on a tree. I've already spent a ton on lights for it.

Thanks for any info.....
Attached Images
truck8.jpg (87.5 KB, 172 views)
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 12/3/20 at 10:40 PM.

12/4/20, 10:23 AM   #2
Re: O/T Looking for Cheap Christmas Tree
TQ29m

Do like I did one time, it was almost Christmas, and we didn't have a tree yet, we lived on 46 East, and I looked out the window, and I'll be danged if there wasn't one growing not a hundred feet from our house, I grabbed my Cub Scout hatchet, and in less then 20 minutes we had one, best Christmas we ever had I think, that would be my fix, if you don't, someone else will, or the highway dept will get it in the Spring.

12/4/20, 11:04 AM   #3
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Do like I did one time, it was almost Christmas, and we didn't have a tree yet, we lived on 46 East, and I looked out the window, and I'll be danged if there wasn't one growing not a hundred feet from our house, I grabbed my Cub Scout hatchet, and in less then 20 minutes we had one, best Christmas we ever had I think, that would be my fix, if you don't, someone else will, or the highway dept will get it in the Spring.
I’ve cut many Christmas trees when I was younger and living in Maine aka “The Pine Tree” State where evergreen trees seem to outnumber hardwood trees, and over 90% of the state is wooded.Here In Indiana the state tree gets cut every year (corn) and a lot less evergreen trees.

I figured if I asked here, that someone must know someone that works at Lowe’s, Menards, Home Depot or a nursery etc. and might be able to steer me in the direction of a cheaper tree to add to my “ Grinchmobile “ truck that has been putting smiles on people’s dials this holiday season when I take it out at night and go riding around.

12/4/20, 4:01 PM   #4
jim goerge

Hey Andrew, Just south of Bloomington on I69 the state planted a bunch of Christmas trees, Just kidding .

12/4/20, 5:20 PM   #5
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Hey Andrew, Just south of Bloomington on I69 the state planted a bunch of Christmas trees, Just kidding .
Hmmm Part of the racing families lives down that way. Maybe I can persuade them to cut one down and meet me in Martinsville....and swap for an ice cream..... Hmmmmmmm

12/4/20, 10:49 PM   #6
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
Hmmm Part of the racing families lives down that way. Maybe I can persuade them to cut one down and meet me in Martinsville....and swap for an ice cream..... Hmmmmmmm
You had me at ice cream. We are on our way to chop chop!!

12/5/20, 3:10 PM   #7
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
I've been decorating my old truck for the Holidays,and I'm looking to see if anyone knows where I can get a 6-8 foot (real) Christmas tree around Indy or nearby. It doesnt need to be perfect looking,i'm just going to strap it in the back and put lights on it. I just dont want to spend $40-80 on a tree. I've already spent a ton on lights for it.

Thanks for any info.....
Great looking truck. Your hard work has paid off. Now if you can put a #12 decal on the door and put all blue racing lights on the tree that blinker off and on and invite the racing family for a ride around the circle in indy and have some ice cream at your shop in speedway we will provide you with some great Kodak moments and life time memories on that road trip. LOL. Go get a tree and I will donate the money to the Indiana mofia award for passing points in Ocala in February. Have fun and enjoy. Simply the best aq.thanks.

6 members like this post: dirt330, jim goerge, luckybuc97, racenut69, tirespinner, wildman92
12/5/20, 4:08 PM   #8
Terry Porter

Sharp looking truck there One Sock!

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > O/T Looking for Cheap Christmas Tree