IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2007 Western World Championships Quickly Approaching
10/19/07, 10:58 PM   #1
2007 Western World Championships Quickly Approaching
Turn 2

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

2007 Western World Championships Quickly Approaching & Race/Network Will Capture All The Action

New York, NY, 10/19/07

10/22/07, 4:01 PM   #2
Re: 2007 Western World Championships Quickly Approaching
international

I love manzanita. Non wing sprints are scary fast there. What time does the broadcast get going. Is AZ on pacific time yet?

10/23/07, 6:10 PM   #3
Turn 2

AZ does not change their clocks for DST. I believe clocks change on Nov. 4th this year for most places. According to the Manzy website racing begins on Thurs. at 6:30 PM, Friday at 6:30 PM, and Sat at 7:30 PM - all local AZ time.

The easiest way to determine what your location time of broadcast will be is to utilize http://www.timeanddate.com . From this site you can determine your local GMT time zone and also that of where the event is being held.

Phoenix is GMT -7 and stays there since they do not change clocks. Just take the difference between your GMT time and that of Phoenix and you can determine your local start time. For instance NY is currently GMT -4 (3 hour difference to Phx), but after the clocks change, it goes to GMT -5 in NY and then there will only be a 2 hour difference to Phx.

Hope this helps.

10/24/07, 12:43 PM   #4
international

Thanks Turn 2. I think Sat night will be special. Generally the track is wider with the Late Models on the track. Running a full field of LM and sprints will make a wide multigroove track. On another board I saw a rumor about some midwest drivers looking for rides. Also is it true K Schrader is racing?

10/24/07, 8:31 PM   #5
sprintsrgr8

It is rumored, that Ken Schrader will be here, but only rumor. Heard last weekend that J.J. Yeley found a late model ride, and is looking for a sprint car ride as well.
Should be a great show.
Can't wait.

10/25/07, 6:35 PM   #6
Bubzilla

JJ will be at PIR Thursday night in AJ's Silver Crown car.

I understand that he's still open to offers for a sprint ride Friday and Saturday though (hint to RacerRob for the 69T car).

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2007 Western World Championships Quickly Approaching