IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Take Aways From Opening Night
2/10/24, 3:39 PM   #1
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Seemed like a good opening night and show to me. Noone too seriously hurt, not many crashes, always good. Not alot of down time. Unfortunate incident for Brady, ironically same situation but reversed last year. Spun, got hit, kept going, won the race. Last night JG starts to spin, Brady runs into him, JG keeps going, Brady spins and loses his spot, JG wins the race.

I really feel like the Top 3 (JG, Brady, CJ) for most of the race last night will continue to be the Top 3 most nights. I think it's going to take a lil bit of time for the likes of KT, KCummins, Jake, Seavey, hopefully I'm wrong as 2 of those are my top 3 drivers, to settle into their new cars and new teams. Yes KT quickest 2 straight nights which is awesome. Robert come on strong to finish 4th, he will be right there with all those guys most of the season I believe. Add in Stockon and Moles to those 8 and that's a solid 10 I wouldn't bet against or rule out any night.

Then throw in Pursley, Westfall, Cottle (I know he wasnt there), Danner, Bright, Rogers, Garrett, that's nearly 3/4 of the field with 17 drivers who could win on any given night in my opinion. Add in Trey who seemed to have a rough night, Mihocko, TMez (yeah I know he wasn't there either), Amantea, Maddox...

That's such a solid solid field, not to mention others who are capable. USAC Nonwing I think has one of the toughest, strongest fields of cars for A mains most nights and races.

I thought the announcer did a great job. He was into it and showed he loves doing his job and wasn't just there "bc it's his job". I do miss Chet, Chet grew on me big time. I also miss Tony, I thought Tony was great as well. Nothing worse to me then an announcer who says nothing and shows no excitement, adrenaline, or enthusiasm. If your watching at home and dont like the announcing, you could always hit the mute button or wear your hearing protection like you do at the track in person. Thought the track looked good as well. Maybe people who was there would say different but looked good on camera.

Safe travels to all making the Florida trip, excited to see what night #2 has in store and what if anything changes in the lineup and results.
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 2/10/24 at 3:49 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Take Aways From Opening Night