IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #1 8/2/14 12:06 AM
Just wanted to say thank you to Mel for trying to save Gas City.

Jerry
8 Likes: Bobv, BrentTFunk, Dblchkrs, MacTexas, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, rapid robert, speed bump
dirt330 (Offline)
  #2 8/2/14 12:08 AM
Is it closing down ?
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #3 8/2/14 7:42 AM
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer:
Just wanted to say thank you to Mel for trying to save Gas City.

Jerry
I agree that Mel stepped up to take on a very difficult task and I too am thankful, but the way you worded it.....does it mean that his trying has failed? I sure hope not.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Jerry Spencer, speed bump
MKTQ17 (Offline)
  #4 8/2/14 7:46 AM
We have been there for 2 midget shows and have been treated great and races done by 10:15. Great tracks and quality midgets as well. Great announcer. Keep it up Mel

Michael Koontz
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, FishBurger, Jerry Spencer, seracing
DAD (Offline)
  #5 8/2/14 8:03 AM
Did Gas City race Midgets last night? How did the race turn out?

Honest Dad himself
Geoff Kaiser (Offline)
  #6 8/2/14 10:51 AM
Car counts were ok last night. But if you look into the grandstands you'd think a bomb went off. Couple hundred people? Goes back to support your local race track, so many dont show up but want to know whats going on via internet. The way it s going at gas city you wont have to check for internet updates too much longer.
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirtracer74, fish, FishBurger, Jerry Spencer, Nate, speed bump
racefan20 (Offline)
  #7 8/2/14 11:18 AM
Mel got hurt by the weather last night. The storms at times were literally close enough that you could see it raining hard a mile away. I wasnt too confident that I would see a feature but it only sprinkled and we got lucky. I drove from Indy and took the chance but maybe there arent as many that are as crazy as I am Either way it was a hell of a race and those that decided not to go missed a good one.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, carbonfiber, fish, FishBurger, flatlander51, Gregg
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #8 8/2/14 11:19 AM
From what we were told when Mel closed the gate his family left with him not to come back.

We will see what happens from here

Jerry #66j
mowerman (Offline)
  #9 8/2/14 11:34 AM
He also cleaned out the snack bar .
DAD (Offline)
  #10 8/2/14 12:00 PM
Guess he feels like most of us out there right now>>>> just too many lemons and not enough people who can afford lemonade.

If I owned the track I would be approaching him with a killer rental deal just to keep the place open, I don't see a big factory sprouting up there in the next few years.

Honest Dad himself