Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A media comment
8/13/14, 1:22 PM   #1
A media comment
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

This is about the media ONLY. No finger pointing except at the media.

The way that the media has presented / handled this incredibly unfortunate incident has ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED ME!!!!
I will question everything I see on the news from now on. I knew it was slanted but I obviously had no clue how bad !!! In this instance I can't figure out which they hate worse ; the facts , racing, or tony stewart!
SHAME SHAME MEDIA!!!!!

8/13/14, 1:35 PM   #2
Re: A media comment
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I can't say with 100 percent accuracy what happened, and I don't think anyone can yet. But Killed is the popular headline, I've even seen MURDERED,

As for trusting the media, You better check about ten outlets and you get better, more truthful reporting from NON American media than Domestic. BBC, Canadian Free Press, Der Spiegel etc.

I haven't trusted the media for about 15 years and now its down to six companies controlling 90% of TV, Print and Radio and often they all repeat either AP,or even straight off the WH press secretaries desk.

Now NBC/Comcast/Universal wants to takeover Time Warner.
Oh Vey Some good movies the rest of the companies are crap.

Whatever happened to Monopolization laws?co

IMHO the media feeds its own viewership, Creating the division and drama. Serving its own self interest.
Wheres Al Schottlecottie with a half hour of how, what, when without any spin?

At ..... NY a driver was struck and died after contact between himself and a car driven by Tony Stewart. A full investigation has been launched.
Nothing more, Nothing less.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/13/14 at 1:42 PM.

5 members like this post: bn kleen, IndyBound, Joey Woods, PIT CART, team3521
8/13/14, 2:12 PM   #3
team3521

The whole deal makes me want to puke!

If it was me that hit that kid, the story would have been over and almost forgotten about, except for on this forum probably. We'd still be talking about the tragedy and the getting out of the car and walking on the track surface during a caution I'm assuming. But nothing about murder, or killed on purpose...

The news media sensationalizes everything to make headlines especially when a celebrity is involved.

It's really a shame that this is what our society has developed into....

8/13/14, 3:45 PM   #4
JstAbvVMC

Now you know what it is like to be a police officer. We have been dealing with it for years. Ratings ratings ratings. That is all the media cares about and they could care less about the consequences. Sad but true.

3 members like this post: IndyBound, Jonr, Pat O'Connor Fan
8/13/14, 4:13 PM   #5
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

I've almost shot my TV watching COPS ! I would shoot the 1st ignorant SOB that told me " these ain't my pants !"
I do not envy police officers and god bless you for what you do !

1 member likes this post: SPD 37
8/13/14, 4:22 PM   #6
Thyfault925

The main stream media in this whole situation has been sickening! If you simply "google" Tony Stewart's name it brings up nothing but negative article after negative article. Apparently because Tony was a hot head in the past NASCAR seasons he is now a murderer. Makes no sense to me. Unfortunately for him, regardless of the investigative outcome, he will have half the world thinking he is a killer. Saddens me, really.

1 member likes this post: red33
8/13/14, 4:28 PM   #7
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Now NBC/Comcast/Universal wants to takeover Time Warner.
Oh Vey Some good movies the rest of the companies are crap.
Comcast wants the cable customers.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/9/559...cable-takeover

Murdoch had a offer to buy Time-Warner.
http://www.businessinsider.com/why-r...-warner-2014-7

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
8/13/14, 4:28 PM   #8
Midget 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt in ur beer View Post
This is about the media ONLY. No finger pointing except at the media.

The way that the media has presented / handled this incredibly unfortunate incident has ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED ME!!!!
I will question everything I see on the news from now on. I knew it was slanted but I obviously had no clue how bad !!! In this instance I can't figure out which they hate worse ; the facts , racing, or tony stewart!
SHAME SHAME MEDIA!!!!!
You say you will question anything you "see" on the news. Obviously you are talking about television. The print media (local newspapers in the New York area and Speed Sports News) have been much more restrained. But the social media has been the worst.

8/13/14, 4:32 PM   #9
racer-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JstAbvVMC View Post
Now you know what it is like to be a police officer. We have been dealing with it for years. Ratings ratings ratings. That is all the media cares about and they could care less about the consequences. Sad but true.

I hope you are not a police officer in Saint Lois this week.. They said they wont even let the media fly a helicopter over all the protests with all the violance from that kid being shot. Our government is out of control and don't think that the white house doesn't control what the media is telling the SHEEPLE!

Sad to say but the media is taking some coverage off of Stewart when they thought it was more important to tell the viewiers what position Robin Williams was in when he put that rope around his neck!

4 members like this post: bn kleen, jim goerge, PIT CART, ScottShot
8/13/14, 4:36 PM   #10
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Murdoch put a offer then withdrew for Time Warner.

Now Comcast is looking into it.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A media comment