IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Belleville updates
5/18/12, 6:46 PM   #1
Belleville updates
zeromotorsports

Its freaking hot, I'll post updates as I can

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 5:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:42 PM ----------

48 cars

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, buck2, Isaac Chapple Racing, racegal
5/18/12, 8:51 PM   #2
nailer

Flip fest ........just stating the facts!
I only live 30 mins from Bellville.
It was like a august track. Not a track you would usually see this time of year with no chance of rain. A lot of good cars tore up.

Dave Dobbs

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by nailer; 5/19/12 at 9:20 AM.

5/19/12, 7:57 AM   #3
Re: Belleville updates
Andrew S. Quinn

[QUOTE=nailer;280865]Flip fest
/QUOTE]

Actually it was a pretty good night of racing I thought. I'm sure Morty will agree with me on that.

Had a few flips,yes, but I wouldnt refer to it as a "flip fest"

48 midgets,plenty of passing and slide jobs. What more can you ask for???

I drove 250 miles to go to Little Belleville,rather than drive 60 miles to go to Bloomington for USAC sprints. I've long maintained that Little Belleville is the best outdoor midget track,and I try never to miss a night of midget racing there,no matter what else might be racing elsewhere that I would like to go to.

Last night was a fun night of action packed racing. The added bonus was chatting with Morty. I always like listening to his stories. I even watched the Late Models,just to see how they can race on such a small track!!

5 members like this post: buck2, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan, ronmil
5/19/12, 9:08 AM   #4
racefan20

So who won?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, Pat O'Connor Fan
5/19/12, 9:12 AM   #5
skids59

Danny Stratton
Brett Anderson
Nick Knepper

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, Pat O'Connor Fan, ronmil
5/19/12, 9:31 AM   #6
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
So who won?
Oops as above,and 4th was Andrew Felker,5th Brad Loyet who came from the back after a great battle for the lead with Bubba Altig and then getting caught up in a crash in the 2nd turn while running 2nd behind Altig who also got caught up in the same crash.

After thinking about it a bit more,I texted a buddy in Minnesota that last nights race was what I WISHED the Chili Bowl A-main would be every year !

Bottom line is this for watching midgets. If you want to see good/great midget racing then write this down: Belle Clair Speedway, Belleville,Illinois
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 5/19/12 at 9:35 AM.

5 members like this post: buck2, erich45, Mud Packer, ronmil
5/20/12, 12:33 AM   #7
illiNOISE

[quote=Andrew S. Quinn;280922]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
I even watched the Late Models,just to see how they can race on such a small track!!
It's worth watching the LMs at Belleville, if only because this is the final season we get to see the living legend that is Donnie Klein. How awesome is it that we get to see such legendary drivers as Steve Knepper, Don Klein, Ed Dixon, and Mike Hamerlee in the house on the same night?

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
5/21/12, 2:02 PM   #8
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Flip fest ........just stating the facts!
I only live 30 mins from Bellville.
It was like a august track. Not a track you would usually see this time of year with no chance of rain. A lot of good cars tore up.

Dave Dobbs

Posted via Mobile Device
I see you updated your post.

You must have missed the early hotlap session when Kyle Neal went over the wall in turn 3-4. If anything,at that time the track was actually overwatered there,in my opinion,as there was a rut there. The track looked like an August track after they ran the Late models. Thats when it started getting dust! Usually when POWRi is there therethey are not running late models with them. There usually isnt much dust either.

For the record there were 5 midgets that flipped at Peoria the next night,including 2 under caution! Thats about the same as Little Belleville. I dont really consider either night a flip fest.

Its funny how people perceive things. At Peoria the guy parked next to me when asked how the race at Little Belleville was,he replied "It was dusty." No mention at all of the actual racing. I thought it was a pretty good night of racing,with lots of sliders/passing. I could have easily stayed in Indiana and seen good racing somewhere that night,but instead I chose driving 250 miles to Little Belleville instead. I've seen way more good races there than bad races,hence why I dont hesitate to pony up the extra $$$ it coststo travel there instead of just staying local in Indiana.

I guess I was the lucky one out of you,the guy parked next to me at Peoria and myself. I got to see a great night of racing!!
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 5/21/12 at 2:03 PM.

5/21/12, 2:17 PM   #9
nailer

Anyone that knows me , knows I don't say much an I never sugar coat it!

For Belleville the track was not good!

Posted via Mobile Device

5/21/12, 2:38 PM   #10
Andrew S. Quinn

They must be miracle workers there. For such a bad track,it was a heck of a good race!! I'll take a bad track like that if it produces good racing...........

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Belleville updates