Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rushville? Fri SAT
6/27/16, 9:44 AM   #11
Re: Rushville? Fri SAT
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer5c View Post
why didn't you go?
Main reason, I don't function like I did 30 yrs ago, plus I've let too many thing go for so long, just to race, it has caught up with me, since 1991 til about 2012, I was in attendance at at least 90% of the races, with my TQ, I think that ought to about do it, just my wife and I, 95% of the time. I just can't sit still and watch this go down any more, and without promoting it thru the interweb, how else do you get that kind of
free publicity. Just sayin! Bob

1 member likes this post: SprintManDave
6/27/16, 12:05 PM   #12
SteveW

2016 u.m.r.a.- king of the tq midgets schedule

date place

mon. July 4th rush county fairgrounds, rushville, indiana

tues. July 5th shelby county fair, shelbyville, indiana

thurs. July 7th decatur county fair, greensburg, indiaiana

sat. July 9th kokomo speedway, kokomo, indiana- sprint week

tues. July 12th lagrange county fair, lagrange, indiana

thurs. July 14th jefferson county fair, madison, indiana

fri. July 22nd monroe county fairgrounds, bloomington, indiana

sat. July 23rd kokomo speedway, kokomo, indiana

fri. July 29th twin cities racewaypark, north vernon, indiana

sat. July 30th morgan county fair, martinsville, indiana

fri. Aug 5th bloomington speedway, bloomington, indiana

sat. Aug 6th (tentative) u.s. 24 raceway, logansport, indiana

sun. Aug 7th mount lawn speedway, new castle, indiana (asphalt)

sat. Aug 13th montpelier speedway, montpelier, indiana

sat. Aug 20th brownstown speedway, brownstown, indiana

sat. Aug 27th kokomo speedway, kokomo, indiana (smackdown race)

sat. Sept 3rd shelby county fairgrounds, shelbyville, indiana –
two features, one being a non-winners feature race

sun. Sept 4th twin cities raceway park, north vernon, indiana

sun. Sept 11th mount lawn speedway, new castle, indiana

sat. Sept 24th fall nationals decatur county fairgrounds, greensburg, indiana

sun. Sept 25th fall nationals, deacatur county fairgrounds

2 members like this post: Copperhead, dirtnonwingfan
6/27/16, 2:55 PM   #13
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Brad Kuhn Fan View Post
King the tqs appreciate your support 29m. Since Terry and family volunteer for our enjoyment, both time and money for us, let's get on here and talk about how we appreciate them, and all they do. I remember seeing your car maybe 5 times in 3 years. Maybe with your support they could afford someone to manage the media aspect, meaning with someone who has Internet background and just not a keyboard jockey! When was the last time we have seen a 30 race schedule with 23-28 cars on a nightly basis. For that I say thank you to Terry and family. Hopefully the media aspect does improve , but it certainly isn't because they are hiding something. King of the tqs is the best kept secret in the state of Indiana
Devin, even if you could, you'd never reach the number of races I've raced, so get over it, I doubt you've been out much more then I have in the last 3 years, and you can walk, something I don't do well anymore, I'll soon be 79 years old, I have more time in the chow line than you do on this planet, try to remember the old Indian saying, about walking a mile in a man's shoes, before you call him out, or put him down. Bob
Last edited by TQ29m; 6/27/16 at 2:56 PM.

6/27/16, 5:47 PM   #14
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Thank you Steve W. I appreciate you taking the time to post the schedule, which is rather impressive, in my opinion. Does anyone know of other organizations?

1 member likes this post: SteveW
6/27/16, 6:50 PM   #15
TQ29m

I'd just like to add this, although some of you might not understand why I brought this up, it's because I care, I have had a lot of enjoyment racing tq's, contrary to what some of you might think, even though I may no longer be able to attend, it has been a lot of fun, for the most part, I am not a lemming, and I may not follow the herd, I tend to stay and fight, if I can see some more that care, not for themselves, but for everyone, these cars can be a challenge, they are not for everyone, but they were created that way, I'm done now, it's up to you. Bob

2 members like this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, racerjim2
6/27/16, 11:24 PM   #16
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
Thank you Steve W. I appreciate you taking the time to post the schedule, which is rather impressive, in my opinion. Does anyone know of other organizations?
No Frank,. King of the tqs is the only organization around Indiana! Will see ya at Sprint week! Stop by and say hi!

6/28/16, 12:24 PM   #17
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Thanks Devin. From what I have been able to find, on Saturday nights in northern Indiana Miami County Speedway in Peru runs "wing, nonwing, restrictor, junior and senior"; US 24 Speedway in Logansport runs several classes (but I couldn't find a list of what they are called); and Plymouth runs 600 nonwing "sprints". Is Miami County still open? I couldn't find any results for the month of June. Is this it for these types of cars in northern Indiana? Are there really no other organizations which represent these types of cars? I am just trying to get a handle on where information is available, as it appears to be difficult to find.

6/28/16, 2:24 PM   #18
hacksaw

Also add to schedule July 11th at Columbus,IN. Tony Stewart will be in attendance

6/28/16, 2:48 PM   #19
racerjim2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
I'd just like to add this, although some of you might not understand why I brought this up, it's because I care, I have had a lot of enjoyment racing tq's, contrary to what some of you might think, even though I may no longer be able to attend, it has been a lot of fun, for the most part, I am not a lemming, and I may not follow the herd, I tend to stay and fight, if I can see some more that care, not for themselves, but for everyone, these cars can be a challenge, they are not for everyone, but they were created that way, I'm done now, it's up to you. Bob
Bob, I know exaclty where you are coming from brother. I can no longer drive at night which has limited my attendance at any track for a couple years. I loved TQ racing. It's affordable for the little guy and good racing in the fairgounds settings like I love. It's hard to keep up with things sometimes which I still like to do. Thanks for any PR or results from all the clubs.

2 members like this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rushville? Fri SAT